• This topic has 46 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by ready.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Weekend Ride Picture Thread. It’s Not Raining So Get Out And Ride Edition
  • singlespeedstu

Rip round the Golfie this morning in sub zero temperatures.
    Makes a change from riding in the rain/fog/snow.
    As a bonus we bumped into a mate who pointed us towards a brilliant new trail. So nice to ride freshly cut stuff over there.
    Show us what you’ve been up to?

NYNY.
    2023-01-27_02-54-57
    Social Top
    New Trail

sofaking
    Free Member

I rode pretty much the same fun trails,but slightly slower 🙂

singlespeedstu

🤣.
    Not that much slower.
    You were back in Inners before me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poah
    Free Member

no pics but I commuted to school by bike today as I wasn’t striking. Probably wouldn’t do it when the kids are in though.

halifaxpete

Rare early finish so nipped out for a quick slide through the woods

Tracey

We are out in the Peak for a long weekend for my birthday. Arrived mid afternoon. Just got back from a 4 mile walk and finished off with fish and chips. Will be hitting the trails tomorrow morning.

weeksy

Happy birthday!!!!

tractionman

looks great @Tracey, enjoy your birthday and the Peaks 🙂

Tracey

Thanks. It’s Aperol Spritz time 🥳

rOcKeTdOg

Traditional local winter trails here atm

jimmy748

Not today, but 19 years ago (came up as a Facebook memory this morning) will be out there riding some of the same trails this afternoon.

rOcKeTdOg

Ah, cow print sdg bell air?

jimmy748

I’d buy another if they were still available.

kayak23

Missing the rain so had to find some other wet.

What’s the difference between a Shag and a Cormorant? I can never remember.

matt_outandabout

Mrs_OAB and I set off into the Trossachs from home on the road.
    However, her shifter crapped it’s guts leaving her with just three gears. No problems, I’ve a new shifter at home, I just need more outer cable from Roots Cycles on the way home.
    Well, that escalated.
    It’s NBD next week for mrs_oab…

😆

timbo46
    Free Member

Went out for a push:)
    South west France.

Alex

Good effort @mattoutandabout, whad is Mrs OAB getting (I know you said it was hard to get demo bikes)

@rocketdog
    – I still have one, it looks like it’s come off an old and rather shaggy cow but I’m saving it for a special bike.

Those bikes of @jimmy748 looks so short, so high and so steep angled!

No riding today, out tomorrow and hoping for not too much mud. A forlorn hope I expect 😉

poah
    Free Member

Had a lovely road ride today. 32 miles. Only had one car honk their horn at me. not ridden over the erskine bridge in years.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Managed to find some snow on a high gravel road today. Not much left below 800m

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2odV3k3]4FDFB9DC-D3D5-40B1-8796-E0762E5F389E[/url] by Aberdeen_lune, on Flickr" alt="Feshie snow" />

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Also found a new forestry road. Not quite finished though. Still a bridge to build.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2odSNnU]0F95AEF3-E55B-4023-80AB-41770C435FDB[/url] by Aberdeen_lune, on Flickr" alt="Nae bridge" />

matt_outandabout

@Alex – not an eBike…just a hybrid Marin DSX. 👌

Tracey

Been out in the Peak all day. Loads out. Trails are firm for this time of year.

jimmy748

Italys nice, but Dorothy was right, there’s no place like home.

reluctantjumper

No pictures taken today but I had a brilliant day at BPW with a few friends. Two of us have really struggled with our riding mojo the last few months so a day mucking about without the ups was called for. Took a few runs to get things going in the right direction but by lunchtime the flow was back and we were all buzzing ready for the next run. BPW has also made massive leaps in their offering since our last visit a few years ago too, we’d had a few successive visits where poor attitude from the drivers and a feeling of it becoming too corporate meaning we had stayed away from the place. Today though was good with an efficient uplift, friendly drivers, a quick check-in and they kept the cafe open for a while after the uplift finished so there was a good chilled atmosphere over a warm drink to end the day too.

Really needed a good day to set me up for the year ahead and that’s what I got.

davros

First peak ride for a while, trails remarkably dry. Great toastie at the grasshopper in hope.

PXL-20230128-120653527

StirlingCrispin

Friday – a variation south of Dumyat.
    Some very steep gullies if you go exploring.

View post on imgur.com

Sandwich

It’s Aperol Spritz time

TBF any time after midday is Spritz o’ clock.

rOcKeTdOg

2023-01-28_08-08-26

2023-01-28_08-09-05

PXL_20230128_104841225.MP

PXL_20230128_104541262.MP

PXL_20230128_105016463.MP

PXL_20230128_115754287.MP~3

edward2000
    Free Member

I wish I was well enough, fit enough and had the time to ride bikes again 🙁

singlespeedstu

After three days of descent based riding in the week it was a nice change to do a more xc focused ride out on the open hills with a stop off for food at a cafe on the way back.
    Cold but sunny and the first ride in months that didn’t involve washing bikes at the end.

2023-01-28_03-01-20
    2023-01-28_03-00-18
    2023-01-28_03-00-49

fazzini

Just a mini pootle this morning testing the replacement freehub from Hunt. Other than the git of a wind, it went well 😂

sc-xc

Local blast again, some trails I’ve not ridden for 10+ years. This gravel bike has made fall hopelessly in love with riding again. The thermos full of nice coffee helped, although I broke my cup on the first descent…

Jan 29

jimmy748

Not this weekend but not worth a thread of its own, couple of videos from last weeks after work trails behind the office.

singlespeedstu

@sc-xc.
    Top of Baggeridge?

rOcKeTdOg

This gravel bike has made fall hopelessly in love with riding again.

Best quote I’ve read all year 👌

rOcKeTdOg

only the second flat bar ride since March 2022
    flat6_025733

flat7_025745

flat10_025831-01

Screenshot_20230129-153040

flat3_025632

sc-xc

@singlespeedstu yes mate, pieced together a nice loop with Himley, Baggeridge, the common…nice mix of canal, footpath, singletrack, the railway. Could do with inspiration if you can remember any of your old stamping ground!

@rOcKeTdOg
    I’ve been digging around your corner of the internet so you are least partly to blame 😂

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think you bumped into us at the Three Brethren @singlespeedstu . It turns out we were both at the first stages of a cold so we were fully out of it and not as chatty as we could have been. When you said “enjoy your ride” I thought you said “on your right” and I was a bit baffled when I turned back and you weren’t moving!

onehundredthidiot

No one else wanted to play so a morning of winch and drop. Exactly why I got this bike. I think if you look carefully you can see @singlespeedstu and @munrobiker in the distance.

singlespeedstu

@munrobiker.

not as chatty as we could have been.

Master of the understatement.😂

@sc-xc

the common…

Did you partake in any of the other activities that go on over there.😮

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.