Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Weekend project – how to attach this to a bike
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bicycle motor

I reckon a certain person on here with their carbon fibre experiments could bodge something together!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

First, take your spoon……..

almightydutch
    Free Member

Gaffer tape….cant be that much thrust

fasthaggis

What could possibly go wrong ?

The facts, as best as could be determined, are as follows:

The operator was driving a 1967 Chevy Impala. He ignited the JATO unit approximately 3.9 miles from the crash site. This was established by the location of a prominently scorched and melted strip of asphalt. The vehicle quickly reached a speed of between 250 and 300 mph and continued at that speed, under full power, for an additional 20-25 seconds. The soon-to-be pilot experienced G-forces usually reserved for dog-fighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners.

The Chevy remained on the straight highway for approximately 2.6 miles (15-20 seconds) before the driver applied the brakes, completely melting them, blowing the tires, and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface. The vehicle then became airborne for an additional 1.3 miles, impacted the cliff face at a height of 125 feet, and left a blackened crater 3 feet deep in the rock.

Most of the driver’s remains were not recovered; however, small fragments of bone, teeth, and hair were extracted from the crater, and fingernail and bone shards were removed from a piece of debris believed to be a portion of the steering wheel.

Ironically a still-legible bumper sticker was found, reading
    “How do you like my driving? Dial 1-800-EAT-SHIT.”

tomhoward
    composite
    Free Member

i think the model is a series 8 or 522 turbojet, ive no idea on hours used i just know it has none left, it hasnt been run since we have had it about 5 years, we dont have the starter for this engine, we have a engine manual for this in a file

Why would you buy something like that and not even start it?

hairyscary

Why would you buy something like that and not even start it?

If it has no life left then you would run the risk of a catastrophic failure. The rotative components may be about to ‘let go’.

If there are other vipers still running then the non-lifed parts may be valuable. All the housings, cases, vanes etc. may well be perfectly serviceable……with a lick of paint

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Weekend project – how to attach this to a bike’ is closed to new replies.