Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Weekend at afan
  • sambalaws
    Free Member

Heading to afan for a weekend in October and was after a bit of advice on what to take and bike set up.

We’re going to be riding whites level, the wall and possibly sky ride and W2 if time permits.

Is there a need to be getting knee pads and that sorta thing.

I normally ride spds and was wondering if I should return to flats (which would mean buying new pedals)

Any other useful things to take or tips and advice. I was thinking just packing for a normal ride with a few extra tubes.

We’re all about the same kinda level, which is riding for fun but not too bad at it.

Many thanks

saxabar
    Free Member

There are a few bumpy bits here and there, but nothing that warrants concern. I wear knee pads, but if you don’t normally I wouldn’t bother. I also ride flats, but if you ride spds you’ll be fine on those too. Definitely don’t go buying new stuff, unless you’re looking for justification 😉

wordnumb
    Free Member

Here’s the trail notice update: http://www.afanforestpark.co.uk/default.aspx?page=6486

Re pads – up to you, but I wouldn’t wear them from the off as all trails start with climbs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Definitely don’t go buying new stuff, unless you’re looking for justification

🙂

As above, really. Pads aren’t really needed anywhere at Afan, IMHO, unless you fall off a lot! 😉

rewski
    Free Member

SPDs are fine, they’ll help you on the Whites Level climb, I wish I had. I’d wear pads if you were going to really cane the downhills.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Whites Level Climb is currently out of action and bereft of trees, it has ceased to be. It is pining for the fjords.

creamegg
    Free Member

just use whatever you normally use at any other trail centre.
    I wouldn’t bother with pads, but then I don’t use pads for anything. SPD’s or flats will be fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Weekend at afan’ is closed to new replies.