Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Weekend at Afan, what are the new trails nearby?
  • Lofty
    Free Member

Hi All,

i’m heading to afan with 2 friends for 2 days this coming weekend. We plans to try and do W2 plus some bike park / 4X fun on the Saturday (i understand there are lots of closures in place). Given that’s the best of Afan covered, is there anywhere nearby we should visit?

I heard there were some new Rownen Sorrell trails not far from Afan, are these worth a visit? What are they called?

Thanks

skeetsgb
    Free Member

pity your not going in a couple of weeks as bikepark wales is about 45 mins from afan.

http://www.bikeparkwales.com/

banks
    Free Member

Cwm Rhaeadr is roughly an hour’s drive away. Well worth it

It’s skyline which is closed so you’ll be doing W2 and white’s i think

dan45a
    Free Member

Blaengarw is worth a look. Not far from afan.

micky
    Free Member

I was at Afan 2 weeks ago. Had a great time. Didn’t seem to be much closed. The new skills section can be turned into a mini trail if you ride all the different options. Im not sure when “Blade” is opening but I think it is soon along with the Orange trail. Afan will really be back on the map then. The other trail centre nearby is called something like “Blaengarru” 1 smallish trail. If you google it you will find it. I did W2 and the skills trail on the sat and then Skyline on the sun. If you are starting from Afan you could do the Wall on sun.

merynella
    Free Member

Blaengarw is good. Short, but a few different challenges from what you’ll find at Afan – some technical rocky stuff and some big fun berms. The black is short enough to do two or three times before you finish on the back leg of the blue, and you’ll probably want to have at least one repeat of the black. The climbs are short and sharp.

rentachimp
    Free Member

This is Three Valleys MTB club, which is the local club to Afan. Trail closures etc are posted there regularly.
    Can I just throw Kilvey Hill, Swansea into the mix for techy downhill larks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Weekend at Afan, what are the new trails nearby?’ is closed to new replies.