Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • week off, where/what to do?
  • sherry
    Free Member

I am off for a week, looking for some inspiration on where to go what to do? Live in central belt Scotland, but can travel to pretty much anywhere in the uk within reason. A bit of biking and chilling or something different. Ideally with a bit of sun, so maybe in the south. Ideas?

crikey
    Free Member

Stockport.

The sunset on the viaduct is lovely at this time of year.

Bregante

2nd vote for Stockport. You’ve got all of the riding you could possibly want at Reddish Vale and by night, there’s culture galore.

The Plaza, for example

Admit it, you’re tempted.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattrgee
    Free Member

Ahhh it’s the architecture you’ve got to love in Stockport. One of my personal favourites:

footflaps

I have a Patio I need laying?

Northwind

And who could resist the national museum of hat making? Stockport, o Stockport!

Me, I’d head off up north or down welsh wales.

fasthaggis

Cromarty. Dolphins to watch and a wee set of trails close by.Plenty stuff to do round Inverness and the weather has been very good the last few times we have been up.

joepose
    Free Member

How about surf school at croyde bay in north devon?
    See you there if ur up for it 🙂

beicmynydd
    Free Member

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/90450/Antur-Stiniog-DH-Fest

Head over to Blaenau Ffestiniog for a dh race with music in the evenings,

yossarian
    Free Member

Walk or ride the Ridgeway from Ivinghoe beacon to Avebury over a few days.

http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/ridgeway/

sherry
    Free Member

I was up north travelling around in may, I still love it up there but need some sun I think! Stockport looks the biz but maybe another time ha ha. Antur stinoig might look good.

Surf school might be cool, can I park my camper near the beach? Never tried surfing.

Philby

Bristol

Get down for St Pauls Carnival – Saturday.
    Wander round the city – Sunday.
    Ashton Court / Leigh Woods mountainbiking – Monday
    Stonehenge / Avebury / Glastonbury etc – Tuesday
    Walking or cycling Mendips / Quantocks / Forest of Dean – Wednesday
    Brean Sands / Weston-super-Mud / Burnham seaside – Thursday
    Sights and pubs of Bath – Friday
    Drive home – Saturday.

d45yth
    Free Member

What’s up with folk? OP, have you been all over Scotland? If not, why travel over the border? I live in Cumbria and apart from loving it here, I travel to Scotland when getting away (by car). I know you wouldn’t mind some sun, but the forecast is good for a while after tomorrow.

sherry
    Free Member

I have travelled pretty extensively around Scotland for more than twenty years mountain biking. Still find and hear of trails I haven’t ridden though. Just would like a bit of a change, not really been to the south west England. Been to Glastonbury festival a few times but never really looked as around the area. Variety is always good! Cheers for the suggestions!

Sandwich

A plus one for Bristol, there’s a spare room at Sandwich Jr place just off Colston Avenue which he may be happy to let you have as he’s there alone currently. E-mail in profile.

piemonster

Axe murderer alarms bells ringing in Bristol

jekkyl

get down south, ride the coastal path in dorset & then catch a farry to the isle of wight? ride the south downs way and visit brighton? with a night in london on way back up. Devon is very nice too, and cornwall. kent? the garden of england, beautiful round seven oaks. Pick a sustrans route and get out there. Plenty to do and see in this fine island.

jekkyl

Other countries are available too! brittany ferries do fixed date returns foot passenger with a bike for just 60 quid, pick your route out of poole or portsmouth to cherbourg, st malo and caen. 2 days rides between ferry ports, perfect.

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers for the offer in Bristol but I like my camper van, and I’m a (straight) dude encase there is any confusion with the name ha ha. Well heading south towards Somerset and see where I land.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘week off, where/what to do?’ is closed to new replies.