Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Week off in June………alternatives to cycling……….suggestions please?
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I have a week off in June, wife and children are going off to visit relatives so I can do what I like. Now in the past when these opportunities have come around I've usually taken myself off cycling somewhere but I'm wondering about doing something different this time. Trying something new.

I've thought about signing up for a weeks sea-kayaking but I wondered if anyone had any better ideas?

Budget of about £1000, and ideally I would like to stay in UK.

BB

gusamc
    Free Member

discover:
    – surfing
    – windsurfing
    – kite surfing (*to be honest IMHO too impractical – too much personal space reqd)
    – paragliding (*to be honest IMHO too impractical – but bloody good fun)

Pigface
    Free Member

Do a PADI diving course.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimmy

canyoning in the highlands

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Some interesting ideas there, keep em coming.

BB

PaulMcG

Sea Kayaking isn't a bad idea. I've finally got round to doing it, and have booked up for August with http://www.seakayakingcornwall.com – run by a couple of extremely laid back (and highly talented paddler) pals.

It's something I alwways fancied, but was a bit scared of just going and doing it without any kind of skills, knowledge, experience. With luck a week's worth should give enough confidence to go on and do more exploring myself.

That's the plan anyway.

redthunder
    Free Member

I'm going camping later today ! at FoD"

Cant even take the bike as it would get nicked 🙁

The Horror…… should be OK. But all I can remember of camping in the past was being cold all the time.

Wish me luck.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was also going to recommend sea-kayaking. I've only done a day of it so far (with Cape Adventure way up in the far north west of Scotland) but it's definitely something I could see myself getting into.

Albanach
    Free Member

Green wood furniture making course or something similar. Would love to do this myself. Monty Dawn did a crafts show on the bbc recently and this featured.

Cougar

I think there's still tickets left for Download.

zaskar
    Free Member

Go to Italy?

organic355
    Free Member

Scotland camping & Munro Bagging trip?, West highland Way?

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas. Must say i am quite keen on the sea kayaking trip.

@ Zaskar

Go to Italy?

??????

BB

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A bit of trekking in the Highlands? A good time of year to go and walking into the wild areas with your tent and food while had work is very good for the peace of mind.

corroded
    Free Member

Sea kayaking is ace. Stick with your original idea. Scotland has some of the best sea kayaking in the world (Inner/Outer Hebrides), weather permitting.

steve-g
    Free Member

I have spent the day watching "3 men in a boat" on Dave and I reckon that could be a cool way to spend a week.

Rowing up the Thames to Oxford, get a good view of the capital and some country side and discover some good pubs, get the book now and read it in preparation

zaskar
    Free Member

Bianchi-Boy – Member
    Thanks for the ideas. Must say i am quite keen on the sea kayaking trip.

@ Zaskar

Go to Italy?
    ??????

BB

Well you wanted to do something different but maybe it would be boring without the missus. Italy-Fly over, average hotel as you'll be out and then a nice hotel and some romance on the last day.

Florence or Rome.

Or you could do for a walk around English Heritage Parks.

See some outside Shakespear theatre.

Paris?

As above, some people want to walk along the Thames etc My GF being one.

IA

Once spent a few days sailing a boat round the islands round Mull etc. That was good fun.

gusamc
    Free Member
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Week off in June………alternatives to cycling……….suggestions please?’ is closed to new replies.