Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Week off. baby due in 3 weeks. What shall I do?
  • natrix
    Free Member

Make sure that you’ve got a decent camera and know how to use it. They really do grow up so quickly, you’ll be kicking yourself if you don’t manage to capture much of it on camera.

akira

Enjoy the peace and quiet, got a third due anytime now and you have to accept that it’ll all happen the way it’s going to happen. Be ready for chaos and you’ll be fine. Oh and buy a fat bike, you might get away with it while she’s distracted….

warns74
    Free Member

If you dont already do it, start researching what you need for night riding! I found its the best time to get out once nipper is born and with luck your other half wont mind as chances are she and the baby will be asleep! I started when my daughter was born nearly 2 years ago and now its an essential part of my week.

andybanks
    Free Member

I’m 3 months in to being a Dad and loving it.

Don’t bother sleeping now – seriously. You can’t bank sleep so sleeping extra now will be of no benefit to you.

1 – Look after the mrs
    2 – Think about what you enjoy doing just as a couple and do that with your time off
    3 – Get out on your bike. I’ve managed 3 short rides in the last 3 months
    4 – Get excited. The next weeks/months will be hard – but nothing will really break you.

Once junior is here, the best advice is take it all in your stride and work as a team. Ride the highs and lows as they come – it’s a truly amazing time.

woody2000

Don’t bother sleeping now – seriously. You can’t bank sleep so sleeping extra now will be of no benefit to you

It’s more so you can remember what sleeping feels like.

Scamper
    Free Member

You may find riding is fine in the first few weeks as all they do is poo, eat and sleep. The baby too – you quickly tune into their needs with a dose of common sense. Its more a case of timing your rides well. If you thought your time management was good already, think again 😀

Scamper
    Free Member

😆 I think Andy may think differently about banking sleep in a year or so.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Eat some warm food and hot drinks.

mogrim

Save the week for after the baby’s born (if you can). If not, try and get those nagging little jobs done – despite what some have posted on the thread you will have time after the baby’s born, but you probably won’t have the energy 🙂

And you can still ride one there’s a baby around, perhaps not for the first couple of weeks, and forget the all-day epics for a few months, but life goes on – all the guys I go riding with are parents…

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Got my own business, and I work a LOT of hours. I just wanted to take a week to help Mrs prepare and to honestly spend a last few days together, as we don’t get to see each other much. January is a quiet month, so I took a week out while I could. Once baby arrives I’m not faking paternity per se, but hours will be very minimal for as long as we need….

DIY jobs are slated for this week along with bike rides and a bit of work. Thanks for the tips chaps 🙂 just had a lovely day hanging out with the Mrs, bump and dog. Looking forward to daddyhood!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Week off. baby due in 3 weeks. What shall I do?’ is closed to new replies.