Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • wednesday pentland ride?
  • bigjim

Ahh, good old google, LUC won the contract, which is annoying to me personally as they are a competitor but it means it should be a well done job –

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/download/meetings/id/31173/connections_to_the_pentland_hills_regional_park-access_study+pentland+hills+non+motorised+access+study

Dair
    Free Member

All good stuff. Thanks!

I see the interim report was to be submitted in Mid February 2011 and all work completed by the end of March 2011. I wonder if Google knows what the outcome was?…

bigjim

I don’t know – I know the PHRP manager so I’ll ask him and get back when I get an answer

MrKmkII
    Free Member

all injuries are mostly gone and the migraine has disappeared!

that was such fantastic fun! it’s been a very long time since i wooped with laughter on a decent (although i may still have been woozy from the winding!)!

can’t wait for the next one 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

Balerno Community Council have been trying to get a path from the bus terminus up to Bavelaw for some time.

Where they trying for just a roadside pavement or somewhere through the trees?

That road up is lethal.

There are already a few paths through the trees that can be used, but they’re a lot less direct.

bigjim

http://www.elgt.org.uk/index.php?page=balerno-pentlands-access

I’ve not actually seen the report though. I think funding and landowners are the main stumbling points as always. A days’ worth of tram budget would have done the trick probably!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Cheers. Sounds like they’re thinking that the route would be away from the road. There are quite a few bits of treeline that could be linked up, although the best off-road lines up towards the Thriepmuir car park start a little bit further west of the bus turning point (and if biking up them there are a couple of fences and streams to cross).

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘wednesday pentland ride?’ is closed to new replies.