Weddings do they really cost that much……..

Home Forum Chat Forum Weddings do they really cost that much……..

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Weddings do they really cost that much……..
  • Premier Icon Daffy
    Subscriber

Okay, I’ll fess up – 2009, 60 guests, 2 days in a castle including all accommodation, meals and entertainment = £23k

Paid for by me, but £7k of that was for the Honeymoon 🙂

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

Repack Rider – Member
    …Length of the marriage is in inverse ratio to the expense…

I’ve noticed that with all my friends marriages.

grum

Okay, I’ll fess up – 2009, 60 guests, 2 days in a castle including all accommodation, meals and entertainment = £23k
    Paid for by me, but £7k of that was for the Honeymoon

Weren’t you on here moaning about being skint a little while ago? 😛

All marriages from weddings I’ve attended, bar one are still going strong. That one didn’t cost that much. I’d estimate maybe £4-5k at the very most.

All marriages from weddings I’ve attended, bar one are still going strong. That one didn’t cost that much. I’d estimate maybe £4-5k at the very most.

ianv

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/my-big-fat-geek-wedding-napster-founder-and-spotify-billionaire-sean-parkers-extravagant-starstudded-ceremony-8640196.html

This is an expensive wedding!

Ok, so $10m is nothing for a billionaire but I can never understand how less well off, yet normally rational people, feel that an expensive wedding makes more sense than paying off a big chunk of a mortgage.

LMT

Me and the OH have discussed this subject a few times, it would use up all my savings so we came to a solution, registry office just a couple of witnesses, then a 2 week holiday, and just tell people when we get back.

Tbh neither of us are very social, other stuff gets in the way. Plan was to book a restuarant for an evening invite close friends and relatives 20 max for a meal to celebrate, cheapstake i know but we have been together for 15 years so no real surprises for anyone.

bikesian65

Our wedding cost £65 – registry office and off to the pub for lunch – all concerned were happy! ( bit of an awkward moment when the registrar asked my wife to be’s birth date and I forgot [nerves!] we have only been together 25years!)

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Weddings do they really cost that much……..’ is closed to new replies.