Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wedding Whisky
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

So I’m getting married this coming Saturday and I’ve bought as a gift for my father-in-law and best man some nice hipflasks.
    I’d like to fill them with nice whisky so they are ‘ready for use’ on the day. What is a nice whisky I could fill them with, I know nothing about whisky.

I was thinking about a bottle of Aberlour, but that’s just because of the MTB connection

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Unless they’re big whisky fans, a Lowland will be nice and drinkable, and not peaty or heavy. An Auchentoshan or similar would be nice.

scotroutes

Dalwhinnie lovely and inoffensive.
    Highland Park is very drinkable.

sas78

Benromach – Sassicaia finish. Wonderful, and they’re a family firm who love mountain biking too. Surely that’s a seller.

Seriously, Benromach is great – the original organic one is my all time favourite but is like a Hen’s tooth these days, the peat finish one isn’t nearly as nice.

If you can’t get the Sassicaia- a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is a great whisky. Fruity, smooth and classy.

Sláinte mhaith!

sas78

Oh, and enjoy the nuptials mate!

All the best
    Scott.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Does that make all my bottles of benromach original from 10 under valuable then 😉 sas78

Its one of the few whiskys i cannot drink.

dannybgoode

Laphroig Triple Wood or Quarter Cask or Compass Box – Spice Tree

Cheers

danny B

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If the Aberlour you’re thinking of is A’bunadh, than that’s a spot on suggestion.
    if not, seconds to sas78’s suggestion of Quinta Rubain – different but an absolutely lovely drink, a sweet, almost chocolatey after taste and a beautiful deep colour.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Old poultney! Interesting enough to be enjoyed by whiskey fans. But subtle enough to be drunk by those not into fiery peaty ones.

Has a ship on the box. Looks dodgy but is one of the best…

sas78

trail rat, if it does then we’re worth a fortune!

jkomo

I thought this was a euphormism I hadn’t heard before like Gentleman Juice or such.

mulacs

I bought a bottle of cask strength Caol ila for this exact purpose, supremely decent indeed.
    I’ve also taken a major shine to The Singleton recently, excellent stuff.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

jura superstition is nice, little bit smokey, but not too much

and it comes in small bottles, saving you money

highland park is good it might still be on offer £25 siansburys

pguy78
    Free Member

glenmorangie lasanta
    glenlivet 12
    If there is any Welsh connection try Penderyn sherrywood from something different.
    Best on the weekend.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wedding Whisky’ is closed to new replies.