• This topic has 56 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tyke.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Wedding table names!
  • Scamper
    Free Member

Tables named after legendary planes, with the missus being in the RAF.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Name the tables after different tables:

Dining, Card, Coffee, Picnic, Water, Billiards, DB2 etc

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

wedding table names

Just one tiny thing on a huuuuge list of why I don’t like weddings.

Are you having standard air or paying extra for the premium wedding air in reception venue? Come on, it is the most important 1/2 day in your life.

RustySpanner

joao3v16 – Member

Name the tables after different tables:

Dining, Card, Coffee, Picnic, Water, Billiards, DB2 etc

Periodic?

willard

Periodic?

Once in a while, yes.

How the other half live though. I don’t even remember naming or numbering any of the tables at either of my two weddings. I must have missed out on something.

How about famous F1 drivers? Just make sure that the top table is “Senna”.

xiphon
    Free Member

We used tube stations around London that meant something to us…

“Hyde Park Corner” – first date
    “Tottenham Court Road” – many fun nights around the west end started there..

etc etc. 🙂

Rich_s

We had our reception at a rugby club. Yes, we used positions as our table names. Yes, we had “Hookers”. Yes, we put the bridesmaids on that table…

toby1

Papa_Lazarou – Member

wedding table names

Just one tiny thing on a huuuuge list of why I don’t like weddings.

So why comment on this thread, it’s not what the OP asked for is it [rhetorical question by the way, no need for a reply].

Racing team names, mixed with frame builders maybe? winning stage times from the last x days?

We went with toys and had the toys on the table, cos essentially I am a big kid, and for reference yeah it maybe took an hour of my life to add a little personality to my wedding – wow!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

So why comment on this thread, it’s not what the OP asked for is it [rhetorical question by the way, no need for a reply].

Anyone registered is free to post as they see fit and within the rules. It’s a thread about weddings and the IMHO trivial matters that people consider, about which I have an opinion. Hence the post. No offense intended, each to their own and all that, I just find it a bit toe curling.

AndyP
    Free Member

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 you get the idea, it tends to work quite well and you don’t get people asking all night why their table is called something that the majority of people don’t have a clue about.

this.

Although, careful seating plans can, as above, cause major comedy moments. I have a friend with an unhealthy obsession for the larger-chested lady. He goes into a trance at the very sight of breasts. It’s a medical condition, I believe it’s called Norkolepsy. So, where better to seat him than between his wife and a friend of ours who has the fortune/misfortune to have a set of JJs.

Nobby

Ikea have a whole load of table names from Bjorsta to Norberg.

stox
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. Some expected, some not so 🙂
    Table names are something you either do or you don’t at a wedding
    Personally I think it’s a nice touch, beats just numbering them and there is a little effort involved which I think people like to see.
    To bring it to a close, there has been a change of plan!!!
    Biking aside I’m a bit of a polar explorer nut so we have decided that they seem to work better as table names (using the surnames).
    Appreciate the suggestions. Pjt201 was a close second – thanks for the link.

Cougar

The thread was worth the price of admission just for “norkolepsy.” Well played, sir.

rs
    Free Member

I’m going to suggest John, Steve, Bill, Mary, etc, etc any random generic names and make sure there is nobody at the table with the table name.

But seriously a lot of nonsense if you ask me!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I used the classics and big tours. Had a flag from each one on the table,

tour de france
    vuelta
    giro
    paris – roubaix
    amstel gold
    flanders
    milan san remo
    leige bastone leige
    crit du dauphine
    tour of california
    tour de suisse
    tour of britain (kids table)

ericemel
    Free Member

This is exactly why this is my favorite forum

tyke
    Free Member

Positions from the Karma Sutra – not the obvious ones – e.g. Standing Tiger/Crouching Dragon, The Amazing Butterfly, Supernova,….

Should cause a few laughs and blushes

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Wedding table names!’ is closed to new replies.