Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Wedding songs – What did you have?
  • Harry_the_Spider

First – Dream A Little Dream of Me : Beautiful South
    Last – Good Riddance/Time Of Your Life : Green Day
    Oddest – Camouflage : Stan Ridgeway

jekkyl

Zero7 – destiny!

I always thought Prodigy’s poison would make a good wedding song or Smack my Bitch Up!

rickt
    Free Member

“It Must Have Been Love” ROXETTE

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not married and CBA with the hassle but something by Marilyn Manson might be good, Personal Jesus or his Sweet Dreams cover.

lunge

First dance was Jack Johnson, Better Together followed by The Twang, Either Way. We finished with Jay-Z, 99 Problems.

mtbfix

Also had Dream a Little Dream. The dream did not last as we split up a couple of years later.

Next time I want Tim Minchin’s ‘If I Didn’t Have You’.

lungman

During signing madness it must be love, angles Robbie Williams first song cheesy I know 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Friends first song was AC/DC’s “Ball Breaker”…….

20 years and 4 kids later, still together

luke
    Free Member

We had angels as our first song, chosen by my sister as the wife was busy talking and I was ill from the night before and a first song hadn’t crossed our minds. Thankfully she wasn’t being her normal self that day otherwise who knows what it might have been.

zippykona

We got married in scotlandshire so mrs zip walked up the aisle to Arrival by Abba A bit bag pipish . During the signing,May you never ,Tom Palmers version as a nod to Hastings where I proposed and first dance was Fly me to the moon by Mr Sinatra mainly as its a nice song and we could dance to it.
    Our first choice God Only Knows by The Beach Boys is not that easy to glide round the room to so we decided to keep it ours and not share it.
    Its still “our” song.
    My advice..get a very short song.

jekkyl

Which artist did you shag to in your first 2 years together?

unknown
    Free Member

Mrs walked down the isle to Sabbath, Maiden while we signed the register, Jimmy Cliff as we walked out. Then first dance was Can’t Get Enough by Bad Company and the last song, once everyone had linked hands expecting Auld Lang Syne was Ebeneezer Goode.

nbt

First dance was Frank Sinatra – Come Fly With Me

Last music played was Pete Moore – Asteroid

PiknMix
    Free Member

Choosing the music for our wedding is currently ruining my life!

Need music for signing the register and walking out to.

derek_starship
    Free Member

First dance – Swimming in Your Ocean – Crash Test Dummies.
    Finished with ….Congratulations!

lunge

We signed to an instrumental of REM, Shiny Happy People which worked quite nicely as well.

longmover
    Free Member

Our last song was Kiss Me I’m Sh*t Faced – Dropkick Murphys

PiknMix
    Free Member

What’s this finished with malarkey? As in last song played? Is that important?

mark90
    Free Member

First dance was Dido – Thank you, before it became too much of a cliche. But I did have the DJ play the into to Ugly Kid Joe – Everything About You before going into Dido, should have seen the look on missus face 😆

I have no recollection of the last song 🙂

alexpalacefan

500 Miles to walk down the aisle.
    Special Brew to walk out again. It sounds like a love song ( I love you, yes I do et c.) but really about beer 🙂

APF

DezB
    Free Member

Lou Reed – Perfect Day. (Who cares what the subliminal meaning is, its a brilliant song)
    Other DJ orders included White Lines, Relax, Pretty Vacant & She Sells Sanctuary. I gave the DJ a list of “must not plays” which would’ve definitely included Robbie Williams if he’d been around back then!

Tom-B
    Free Member

We had Spring from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons whilst people were assembling, Mrs B walked down the isle to the classic Wedding March, Pachelbels Canon whilst we signed the register and Castelnuovo Tefesco’s Guitar Concerto whilst we had drinks etc.

First dance was Aerosmith I Do Want To Miss A Thing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

George Michaels – I Will Be Your Father Figure as mrs deadly was walked in by her dad. Walk down the Aisle was “I Can’t Make You Love Me” by Bonnie Raitt.
    Dancy bits were things like Faith and Freedom from Michaels as well. Then we had a bit of Abba’s Dancing Queen and Waterloo and some Shakin’ Stevens. I can’t remember the last song of the night…think it was “You’ll Never Walk Alone” but I was a bit pished at that stage.

stumpy01

My now wife walked in to ‘At Last’ by Etta James, as it took me so long to propose. There were a few titters from people who got the reference….

We walked out to ‘Can’t take my eyes off of you” by Franki Valli

The background music before the ceremony was:
    Somethin’ stupid – Robbie Williams/Nicole Kidman
    Rule The World – Take That
    Marry You – Bruno Mars
    More than Words – Extreme
    We’ve Only Just Begun – The Carpenters
    I’ve Fallen In Love With You – Joss Stone
    Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Michael Buble
    Angels – Robbie Williams
    Better Together – Jack Johnson

EDIT –
    Signing the register was to:
    It Had To Be You – Harry Connick Jnr
    Let There Be Love – Nat King Cole
    Love & Marriage – Frank Sinatra

First Dance was Van Morrison, but I’ll be buggered if I can remember the name of the song!!

Pretty bog standard wedding song fair, really but it all worked quite well together and quite a few people commented on how good all the music was….

PiknMix
    Free Member

Ok serious question as this post is freaking me out! How many songs do I need for fillers before the ceremony?

peterfile
    Free Member

I often have a day dream that I’ll sit my lucky bride down on a seat in the middle of the floor and give a well choreographed rendition of Prince – Kiss 🙂

I was at a wedding in Austria at the weekend. The musicians were incredible. After much badgering on my part they eventually played a brilliant version of the song. My dancing, drunk and in a kilt, was apparently less impressive, however it seemed ok from where I was standing. Perhaps i should stick to the day dreaming 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Ok serious question as this post is freaking me out! How many songs do I need for fillers before the ceremony?

I had 5 or 6 on a CD playing in the background as the guests assembled and before the bride arrived with a further 3 whilst we signed the register.

We walked back out to The Life of Riley by The Lightning Seeds.

Gave the DJ a list of about 60 for the evening and just let him go. He didn’t play them all and he dropped a few in that fitted the theme. I think that the dance floor stayed full all night but my memory is a bit hazy.

I’ve been to weddings where the DJ ignored the bride and grooms selections and as a result the atmosphere was flat.

cheers_drive

First – Danish Wedding Waltz (it lasted about 10 seconds before I was grabbed and they cut the toes out of my socks).

Second – Paul Weller – You do something to me (we didn’t really dance because I was recovering from the crown jewels crushing wedgie I was given as they cut my boxer shorts -another Danish tradition).

Last – David Bowie – Heroes (well it was supposed to be but the DJ ran out of time).

bigG
    Free Member

Canon in D while we hung around waiting for the bride

Wedding Song / There is Love – sung by a friend who is in a choir while we signed the register

Piped out to Highland Cathedral

First dance – Proclaimers, Sunshine on Leith

Then a Ceilidh at which I danced all night, until my toenails were bruised in fact.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We didn’t have a traditional reception, everyone came back to the hotel for dinner and then mingled, we just had music at the wedding and it was the South Yorks Normandy Vets Male Voice Choir in MrsCat’s Grandad who sang a range of classical MVQ songs – bloody moving when in full flow and very personal to us.

purpleyeti
    Free Member

people arriving – friend played sax
    wife to be walking down the aisle – friends played trumpet
    signing register – friend sang
    walking back down the aisle – Levellers what a beautiful day
    first dance – Aerosmith don’t want to miss a thing
    and got these guys to stop drinking and perform a bit during the evening. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAPY71E7KTM[/video]

crapknees
    Free Member

Walked in to Claire De Lune by The Philadelphia Orchestra, signed with Ludovico Einaudi’s I Giorni in the background, and walked out to Hoppipolla by Sigur Ross. First dance was Al Green ‘Lets Stay Together’. Still get goosebumps listening to any of these 😀

glupton1976
    Free Member

Van Morrison – Have I told you lately that I loved you.

woody2000

I’ve told my missus that if we ever get married, this is the song we’ll be having.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkg4cwJp1Y[/video]

PiknMix
    Free Member

You need 3 songs to sign the register? **** me this is getting stupid, can I just bung a state of trance podcast on?

DezB
    Free Member

and some Shakin’ Stevens.

Class, DD. Class 😀

stumpy01

glupton1976 – Member
    Van Morrison – Have I told you lately that I loved you.

That was it – first dance song that I couldn’t remmeber the name of 😳

Cheers glupton!

Pik n Mix – Member

We aimed for 30 mins of ‘people arriving’ songs as we figured people would be getting to the venue from 1:30 onwards and the ceremony was at 2pm.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Whitesnake – Forevermore
    Frank Sinatra – Come Fly with me

tomtomthepipersson

We got married in Vegas. We put a CD together consisting of:
    Elvis Costello – She
    Pearl Jam – Yellow Ledbetter
    PJ Harvey – Kamikaze
    Dead Kennedys – Viva Las Vegas

Our ceremony was pretty short. Didn’t make it to track 2.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Pik n Mix – Member

We aimed for 30 mins of ‘people arriving’ songs as we figured people would be getting to the venue from 1:30 onwards and the ceremony was at 2pm.

We were told to have one tune for people gathering, and one tune to sign the register to. In truth we needed a lot more songs, there were delays getting going and also the register took a while so the songs just had to get repeated.

It took a long time to figure out our song to leave the register office to, I was so exasperated from it but we got it perfect in the end.

Gathering – Twin Peaks theme tune.

Brides entrance – Pachobels Cannon

Register – Morning has broken, Cat Stevens

Exit of couple – Sound of Drums, Kula Shaker.

The first dance was going to be The Touch by Stan Bush but we didn’t manage to get around to it. We had already been dancing anyway. We had music on the boat from the ceremony to the reception venue, Boards of Canada, Wisp, Sea Shanties, Mr Scruff and other various tunes, and then a west country/irish band as we arrived at the venue.
    Then we had my mate playing some funk and soul, an awesome singer, some more party music djs, a wicked balkan gypsy band called Ushti Baba then more DJs so we were fairly well catered for music.
    We hadn’t had a chance to work out any moves for a first dance anyway, so I think our song choice would have made us look like massive plebs as it is a very comical choice. Worked out for the best I think.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Wedding songs – What did you have?’ is closed to new replies.