Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Wedding present for cyclists
  • boondock

The sister in law is getting wed next month. Both her and her betrothed are super keen cyclists. Struggling with ideas for wedding presents that aren’t naff or useless, doesn’t have to be cycling related but outdoorsy would be good too. They’ve lived together for a while so don’t need house stuff and to be fair haven’t asked for anything as they are at that stage of life where they buy what they want anyway.

What cool things did you get/ got for others.

Couple are over 40, no kids. Budget around £100.

StirlingCrispin

Painting – of bicycles or something.

jekkyl

One of those 3d OS maps?

seosamh77
    Free Member

a tandem out the scrappy could be good comedy value(do it up a bit mind!)! tie some cans to the back of it, they can ride it out the chapel to the car! 😆

zippykona

We sell these . They are by a lady called Susie West.

£38 .

trail_rat
    Free Member

Campagnolo BIG wine opener always goes down well with our cycling friends as wedding presents

tthew

These prints have caught my eye on Etsy. Monuments art

legend
    Free Member

Park Tools TP2 is the only acceptable gift in this s(h)ituation

ElShalimo

How about Charlie the Bikemonger’s Bum Butter?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

£100 cash, why buy some sh!t they don’t want/need

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What Funkydunc says, what seems a good bit of cycling kit to you may be pretty pointless to them.

£100 voucher for a nice restaurant.

sl80
    Free Member

A friend helped out massively at my wedding last year and we used http://www.marksanderson.artfor a custom piece of work as a thank you. I met him at the cycle show a few months earlier, top bloke and amazing work.

antigee

voucher for a day’s tandem experience? or similar?

example (no relation but seen suggested elsewhere)

Tandem Experience

philjunior
    Free Member

Outdoor specific lightweight bondage gear.

nickdavies

How much does Binners charge for those nice bikey modern prints he does?

binners

Hi!

*waves*

You should commission a one off piece of artwork featuring the two of them on their bikes in their favourite riding spot. If only there was a forum regular who did such things, who even did mates rates for fellow STWers?Hmmmmm….

zippykona

I’ve got a ride around london on a penny farthing  voucher going very cheap!

I don’t want to die.

zippykona

How much is the Mt Ventoux?

Earl
    Free Member

Park tool shop stool

swavis

Cynic-Al made ours himself, a lovely bit of bike themed pottery. I’ll get a pic later 😀

binners

Depends what size you want zippy. This one was window mounted in a black 60 x 80 cm frame. Looks great at that scale. That was I think is a pretty reasonable 150 quid, but it’d be 130 to you guv

I personalise  all artwork too, so they’re all individual. re if you want club colours, specific bike, a penny farting for example….

Drop me a message if you fancy one

njee20
    Free Member

We sell these . They are by a lady called Susie West.

£38 .

With the best will in the world I don’t get that at all. The Ventoux one from Binners is instantly recognisable, the Box Hill one appears to be a cartoon drawing of a hill, the corners of which bear no resemblance to the real thing, with some writing on it. One of those things that a well meaning non-cyclist would get me and I’d be annoyed because it wasn’t accurate. Like birthday cards with drive trains on the wrong side or something. It would be better even if you reversed it, the two ‘switchbacks’ on the Zig Zags being a left then a right. Anywho…

The Campag corksrew is lovely, less novelty than things like the Park toilet roll holder/pizza cutter, it’s actually a really nice ‘thing’, presented well.

13thfloormonk

Some lovely artwork above but has to be another vote for the Campag corkscrew for me, bought my dad one for his sixtieth and have been eyeing it enviously ever since.

brassneck

voucher for a day’s tandem experience? or similar?

My wife of 14 years (13 more together previously) has stated that buying a tandem would be the considered grounds for divorce  😀

oomidamon

IGMC

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Wedding present for cyclists’ is closed to new replies.