Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Wedding package wording dispute
  • rocco

Want to ask the hive on their opinion on the wording of a wedding package. The package states the following is included:

‘Hire of ceremony and reception room for 40 day guests and 80 evening guests’

Do people read that as 40 day guests excluding Bride and Groom or 40 guests including Bride and Groom? In my eyes the bride and groom are the hosts and not guests so should be excluded from the 40. What do people think?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’d say that it’s 40 all in. I do see your point though.

porter_jamie

ring them and ask them

porter_jamie

also, 40 day, and 80 additional evening, or total? 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ask them and get it in writing either way.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

It’s 40 all in but in my experience that’s easily negotiable, what’s 200 quid to them.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

See with the word “dispute” in the title I suspect that the OP has already spoken to the venue and doesn’t agree with them. I also suspect that the other half has invited 40+80 additional guests all of whom have accepted and now they need to find a couple of extra places at t’wedding.

cynic-al
    Free Member

“40 guests” would to me exclude the bride and groom, I doubt there’s any case law to establish it either way.

Perhaps they’ll split the difference if you are negotiating, then clear up their wording.

footflaps

You’re all guests of the venue, so I’d say 40 all in.

rocco

Only put dispute to get a bit of attention, don’t need to get the pitch forks out..just yet!

The evening isn’t a problem as it’s only a small wedding but we do have 40 people we would like to invite to the day, plus us makes 42. We have spoken to the venue but the so called ‘wedding planner’ has told us is she thinks t is 40 but she is completely useless so before we go in and maybe argue for the 2 extra places I wanted to find out what people thought in regards to the wording

trail_rat
    Free Member

Having been looking at venues for our wedding recently 40 guests for all the ones we looked at means – 40 meals on the tables, 40chairs and 40 place settings .

Means the bride and groom would be standing eating nothing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We have spoken to the venue but the so called ‘wedding planner’ has told us is she thinks t is 40 but she is completely useless so before we go in and maybe argue for the 2 extra places I wanted to find out what people thought in regards to the wording

If it’s not clear then assume it’s against you (sorry) in case of ambiguous T&C’s get it clarified in writing. If your wedding planner (project manager?) can’t sort this then deal direct and get it all agreed well before you get there.

rocco

So it looks like we may just be trying to read into it the way we want, 40 guests = 40 meals makes sense.

Will call them Monday and see if they can negotiate 2 extra within the price, if not there may have to be a cut somewhere!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There are other limitations that might not be apparent, my brothers wedding had a limit on the number in the room for fire regs so it was a max of x people no negotiation.

geoffj

Some won’t turn up and even if they all do, they’ll find another 2 seats anyway.
    Don’t stress it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

including

[pedant]In my eyes the bride and groom are the hosts and not guests so should be excluded from the 40. What do people think?[/pedant]

FTFY
    Every person is a guest.
    In the evening no one if going to be counting so another couple will be fine (the best man an chief bridesmaid will be out of the room anyway) 🙂

rocco

Not worried about evening for the above reason, no one will be counting anyway. It’s just the day we need to sort and will make sure it’s in writing either way

Drac

I read it as guests of the venue too, so 40 all in.

nuke

You’re all guests of the venue, so I’d say 40 all in.

^ This

thegreatape
    Free Member

wedding package wording dispute

Just refer to it as ‘cock n balls’ – that should avoid any confusion.

gogg
    Free Member

As others have said “guests” of the venue….

Sorry, I know it’s not what you wanted to hear, but ask nicely, smile and feign ignorance and the cost of two more meals to the venue is probably so little that you’ll get what you want, after all it adds 2 more drinkers to the gig in the evening.

MoreCashThanDash

We found that the fact that we were bringing them 40 paying captive customers to their venue made them very flexible on their terms and conditions.

“There will be no TV showing the England Argentina game prior to tbe ceremony”

“There will be 20 thirsty beer drinking men who would like to watch tbe game, if that is not too much trouble”

“And where would Sir like the telly positioned?”

😀

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Morecashthandash that’s what happen at our wedding there was an England rugby union game on at tea time venue put a big screen telly in an anti room next to bar happy guests spending lots and lots of cash everyone’s a winner

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Wedding package wording dispute’ is closed to new replies.