Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Websites what have jobs on them
  • wallop

Which job search sites would you recommend?

Currently using http://www.indeed.co.uk and totaljobs.com.

andyl
    Free Member

linkedin
    fish4jobs
    jobsite
    the actual jobcentre site
    jobs.ac.uk (for academic related)
    monster

also industry specific are very good, eg theengineer.co.uk for engineering jobs.

stumpy01

As above + totaljobs

Have you looked on your local paper website? Quite often they have a careers section that is quite good as it’s jobs that aren’t 150 miles away!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Linkedin.

And, industry specific as above.

wallop

Cheers folks – hadn’t thought about LinkedIn.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hadn’t thought about LinkedIn.

Depending on your industry (?) many companies use it as a way of getting people who are linked to the right people to apply. Some very good jobs get put there and often nowhere else apart from the company website!

I got mu current gig through connections on Linkedin, so I’d say it’s well worth looking at.

The ? above is to ask your industry – Am sure someone here may well know someone/something specific to help you!

wallop

I am currently an account manager in the construction industry (I work for a main contractor). I am on LinkedIn but I’ve only ever used it to stalk people (I’m not on Facebook). Not literally, obviously. So I might need to put a bit of work in to get the full potential out of it, but that’s not a problem!

JulianA
    Free Member

Who’s linked to CFH on LinkedIn then?

‘Tis a very useful site: it’s got me a gig before, and a very useful one at that.

Hill McGlynn (now part of Randstat (sp?)) are / were a construction industry recruitment company. They’re based in Whiteley (near Fareham) now, I think. Might help, hopefully…

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Indeed is where i got every job iv had its a belter!!!! And no sponserd jobs or adverts!!!!

davidjones15
    Free Member

Just received a call from an HR guy from a company rather than an agency because he saw my CV on an industry specific site. Work smart, not hard.

transapp
    Free Member

linked in and indeed were good when I was looking, however I actually got my current job from reed which is not actually as good!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Websites what have jobs on them’ is closed to new replies.