Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Website software recomendation
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

I’m in the process of trying to set up a small business and need a website and would like some recommendations for some software to bang on a server to set up a basic website, any hosting recommendations welcome too.

It only needs to be a place holder / online flyer / some case studies e.t.c with maybe a blog. No e-commerce.

I’m a developer so happy with config files unix e.t.c but I don’t want to spend too much time on administration as I want to spend my time on my software!

Drupal always get banded around but it it looks like it may be an over kill?

clubber
    Free Member

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-website-cms-should-i-use

leffeboy

fwiw I use godaddy for hosting (there are others of course). When you sign up they have buttons you can click to either install Drupal or WordPress. If you want a blog maybe WordPress is more appropriate. It’s so cheap (5EUR/month) that you should just sign up and try it to see if either WordPress or Drupal work for you, even if you end up going somewhere else in the end.

Oh, and buy a book of some sort on whichever you pick to get you going. It will save you a lot of farting around to begin with

The biggest pain with Drupal is keeping on top of the security updates once you have a bunch of modules so you might want to be a bit wary of installing too much

Cougar

For a couple of static pages and a blog, you can’t go wrong with WordPress. They’ll even host it for you for free. Much anything else is overkill for what you need.

allthegear
    Free Member

Have a play on wordpress.com and on drupalgardens.com and see which works how your brain does. Use that.

Rachel
    (Drupal brain)

TheBrick
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Sorry I didn’t relpy last night but I fell asleep!

sambuka
    Free Member

Have a look at this http://virb.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Website software recomendation’ is closed to new replies.