Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WEBSITE BIKE SHOP SCAM
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member
    mrdestructo

Did they blast a large number of harvested email addies, or have they hacked an unsecured customer database and the store’s going to get fined into 2122?

haloric
    Free Member

Deliberately click baity and misleading article – it makes no attempt to determine if the user database has been copied/hacked – which is the only important part – very either lazy or deliberate, you be the judge.

They say that scammers are copying the latest competition – and some customers (who may share the same e-mail address) have been contacted.

In fact, since the explicitly don’t mention it, we can safely assume it has *not* been hacked, otherwise that would be the story.

zilog6128

In fact, since the explicitly don’t mention it, we can safely assume it has *not* been hacked, otherwise that would be the story.

to be fair to road.cc – unless the article has been changed since originally published – they don’t mention the word “hack”, that’s just the OP (incorrectly, as you point out).

jonnyboi

No evidence of a hack, it’s phishing emails linking to a fake website for credit card fraud.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ok next time I find out about a phishing scam I’ll say nothing. I’ll let you potentially make a mistake on your own.

You can’t please some people!

zilog6128

Ok next time I find out about a phishing scam I’ll say nothing. I’ll let you potentially make a mistake on your own.

it’s useful info – ta! – just confusing calling it a “hack” because it implies you need to change passwords, etc, on the website, rather than just be on your toes looking out for a fraudulent email!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.