• This topic has 29 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Weathergeddon
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

Be aware that the next ten days could be quite stormy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Climate changing?

soma_rich
    Free Member

The last few days have been pretty bloody stormy!!

scotroutes

Where?

soobalias
    Free Member

im going on holiday, so it will be sunny there.

everywhere else will suffer to compensate

soma_rich
    Free Member

Southampton last night had an epic thunder storm,
    The few days prior have been very wet and windy.

Kryton57

eh?

The mostly unsettled conditions are expected to continue for much of this period, with a trend for rainfall amounts to be slightly above average in the north and west but nearer to average in the south and east. Temperatures during this period are more likely to be a little above average throughout, especially in the south, leading to a lower risk of frost here than can usually be expected at this time of year. There are some indications that towards the end of the period, slightly drier and more settled conditions further south would bring an increased risk of overnight fog, which may be slow to clear at times

zippykona

Snow updates?

avdave2

That would explain why I and the bike were being blown sideways across the fields this morning.

maccruiskeen

The mostly unsettled conditions are expected to continue for much of this period, with a trend for rainfall amounts to be slightly above average in the north and west but nearer to average in the south and east. Temperatures during this period are more likely to be a little above average throughout, especially in the south, leading to a lower risk of frost here than can usually be expected at this time of year. There are some indications that towards the end of the period, slightly drier and more settled conditions further south would bring an increased risk of overnight fog, which may be slow to clear at times

Thats not a weather forecast – thats the plot to a hollywood disaster movie!

Coyote
    Free Member

Storm over the New Forest last night was amazing. Watched it from the back garden of the Turfcutters with a pint of Fortyniner. 🙂

lucien

+1 for Coyote & soma rich – off to Wales next week on the bike, will I die?

organic355
    Free Member

Excellent, I need to stock up on fire wood. lets hope some big branches come down.

frogstomp

Certainly felt epic inside Calshot climbing wall hangar!

mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 for Coyote & soma rich – off to Wales next week on the bike, will I die?

Possibly not, but if you are riding in the right direction you may well bag some KOMs!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

an epic thunder storm,

Southampton’s best weather event was when the torrential overnight rain froze at 6am in the morning, 4 or 5 years ago.

The ice sheet quite literally ‘advanced’ up the road and kept on going past me – never seen anything like it.

Never seen the dog so confused either – he couldn’t walk very well on the ice.

wrightyson
    Free Member

From Monday onwards its supposed to get a tad stormy. We’ll see…

scaredypants

Southampton’s best weather event was when the torrential overnight rain froze at 6am in the morning, 4 or 5 years ago.

The ice sheet quite literally ‘advanced’ up the road and kept on going past me – never seen anything like it.was a bad week to work on an orthopaedic ward – never seen anything like that either 😯

colournoise

Have only ordered a single Storm Control to stick on the back of the BFe for the FoD mini-enduro, best get another one for the front now or will it be so wet and windy out west that I’d be better off with pontoons and a sail?

twoniner
    Free Member

off to Wales next week on the bike, will I die?

Depends on how much Gnaaar you want.

footflaps

Been very mild this week, been cycling to work in a T-shirt wishing I had shorts on…

frogstomp

Has been mild, but I’ve just got home and it’s 3 degrees on the car temperature gauge – could be the first frost of the season tonight?

highclimber
    Free Member

Have you been reading the Daily Mail or Mirror weather forecast?

globalti
    Free Member

The forecasters are already hinting at an extraordinary event next Monday.

I shall be sunning myself in Johannesburg.

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Typical. Girlfriend buggers of to Thailand for 10 days with work on Sunday leaving me holding the fort and looking after her kids and the news today says the worst storm in over 20 years is on its way!!

Seriously thinking about booking a last minute week away somewhere 😕

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Some good information on here – http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

Weather made so easy even I can understand it….

scotroutes

I thought this was only a problem for folk over the border?

LoCo
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member

pretty colours:

http://magicseaweed.com/UK-Ireland-Surf-Chart/1/?imageScale=swell&chartType=HTSGW#?size=500&_suid=138262663355208235035185278832

Can’t wait for the videos from West coast of Ireland 😉

Half tempted to get the board out monday down our way 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

On reflection up to 18ft at Porthcawl might be a touch out of my ‘comfort window’ 😯

A week tomorrow look sgood though!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Weathergeddon’ is closed to new replies.