Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Weather in Newcastle
  • ComradeD
    Free Member

Due to head up there tomorrow for the Chelsea game. Weather forecast doesn’t look good for the next 24hrs.

Is that bad up that they could cancel the game?

john_drummer
    Free Member

how far are you travelling? if you’re any further south than, say Chester-le-Street, I wouldn’t bother

djglover
    Free Member

Don’t bother with the trip mate

http://www.tynebridgewebcam.com/north.htm

AndyPaice
    Free Member

had about 5″ snow weds/thurs and not warming up yet. More snow yesterday too

ComradeD
    Free Member

Traveling from Leeds at 9am.

Newcastle are saying there doing everything possible to keep the game on but it doesn’t look good. Pitch should be ok but its making outside the ground safe thats the problem.

GJP
    Free Member

I spent 4 hours on the tarmac at NCL airport on Weds evening just as the snow started and it has got worse since then. Up at 4am and back at mid-night grrrrrr. No desire to go back to NCL before March

john_drummer
    Free Member

what time’s kick off? Leeds – Newcastle is 90mins in good conditions.

Mind you, these aren’t good conditions 😉 A1 not looking good, and I doubt the A19 would be any better.

I’m not far from LeedsBradford airport; in-laws are in Whitley Bay. Don’t recommend travelling that journey this weekend

If you can get into the greater Newcastle area, might be worth considering getting the Metro in from say North Shields, WB, Monkseaton, Cullercoats etc straight to St James’ Park rather than trying to get through Low Fell & Gateshead by road

warton
    Free Member

I can’t see it being on. It’s been snowing all night. There’ll be a foot tomorrow.

ComradeD
    Free Member

getting the train up so should be ok. Early kick off at 1:30pm so plenty of time.

Keeping my fingers crossed

john_drummer
    Free Member

well if the game’s off you could always do your Xmas shopping at Eldon Square 😉

jimithenomad
    Free Member

if the game is on i hope you make it to cheer on the blues, however i hope it is off, as with all the players we have missing i think andy carroll could batter us! At least this gives us chance to get our team back together and start winning again!!!

allthegear
    Free Member

I drove up from Norfolk to Sunderland last night no bother. Nothing to see until about 15 miles outside Sunderland.

Today has been spent with several short journeys around Sunderland and, while there is snow on the ground, I’ve not had any great difficulties driving. Normal car, skoda octavia. (I’m a mountain biker; it’s the law)

I’d say the greatest difficulty will not be the conditions, it will be other drivers. Get the train from wherever is convenient.

Rachel

ComradeD
    Free Member

I’ll be in the Chelsea end as my mate is a Chelsea fan but i’ll be secretly supporting Newcastle. I can see you losing as well, your defence is non-existent at the mo.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

oh in that case, hope it snows non stop and the game is off. Send my regards to your chelsea mate and explain it is for the best due to said non existent defence. Good luck whatever happens

john_drummer
    Free Member

i’ll be secretly supporting Newcastle.

as you’re in Leeds, I’d bloody well hope so too 😉

#1 Leeds Utd
    #2 Newcastle Utd
    #3 Anyone but ManU
    #4 unless it’s Chelski
    #5 or Mackem b****rds

ComradeD
    Free Member

sorry to disappoint john_drummer but i’m a Arsenal fan

john_drummer
    Free Member

that’s ok. Arsenal play lovely football. And they’re not ManUre or Chelski 😉 Or Sunderland

rondo101
    Free Member

flew up to newcastle friday night from bristol. should’ve taken 50 mins. actually took 12 hrs. I’m in darlington now & the weather’s not been too bad. Lots of snow on the ground but there’s been relatively snowfall over the last 24hrs

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Weather in Newcastle’ is closed to new replies.