Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Weathertrackworld, again.
  • iffoverload
    Free Member

Since when does the UK have a “storm season”

😕

jam-bo

since we’ve been on the western edge of the atlantic.

iffoverload
    Free Member

sure everywhere gets stormy weather but nobody ever talked of a storm season before, far as I remember there were Winter, Spring Summer and Autumn, now there is heatwave flood drought and storm pretty randomly it seems..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kahurangi

The Atlantic hurricane season is a time when most tropical cyclones are expected to develop across the northern Atlantic Ocean. It is currently defined as the time frame from June 1 through November 30, though in the past the season was defined as a shorter time frame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_hurricane_season

Alphabet

Is this something that the greetings card manufacturers have dreamed up? Perhaps the shops will start selling storm season novelty jumpers too.

Have a Happy and Safe Storm Season everyone.

oikeith

Doesn’t storm season run parallel to the summer season?

nickhit3
    Free Member

since we’ve been on the western edge of the atlantic.

not eastern..?

jam-bo

Shh. You know, the other west…

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

What’s Fred got to do with it?

CountZero

Since when does the UK have a “storm season”

For centuries, probably, but it’s only recently that it’s been recognised by actually naming them, I guess since the famous “hurricane” of Michael Fish fame, people have shown more interest and naming storms makes it easier to reference them historically.
    There’s no harm in it, I find it hard to understand anyone getting vexed about it; humans have a natural tendency to want to name things, to put them into some sort of context.

nedrapier

José looks like it might twirl over our way, seems unlikely to make landfall in the states.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Weathertrackworld, again.’ is closed to new replies.