Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Wearing SPDs through the airport!
  • mtbmark
    Free Member

Has anyone been stopped wearing SPD shoes through the airport security! I wanted wear my 661’s to save on baggage as I’ll probably be in flips the rest of the holiday?

Some forums seem to think they should be alright – Anyone been stopped?

MTBMARK

andyl
    Free Member

probably want to unbolt the cleats. Can’t see bits of metal and screws in your shoes going down too well.

RealMan
    Free Member

Could unbolt the cleat and pop that in your luggage. Then you’ve just got an odd pair of shoes on.

TBH I don’t know if it would be worth it, walking around and all through an airport, slippery floors, won’t be fun.

alfabus
    Free Member

what kind of spd shoes?

if they are trainer style, with recessed cleats, I can’t see them caring… space disco slippers you can hardly walk in, they might notice and kick up a fuss.

Dave

mtbmark
    Free Member

661 Filters – Skate shoes really!

ononeorange

I wnet through Stanstead last year wearing them and back again at Spain no problems

globalti
    Free Member

Why the hell should it matter? If the cleats set off the alarm just show them to the jobsworths. Gotta give them some excitement in their tedious pointless little jobs.

TheFlyingOx

Dunno about you, but every time I go through airport security (roughly once a month) I have to take off my shoes and have them x-rayed anyway. SPD or not.

avdave2

I wear steel toecaps all the time when flying and they’d make a better weapon than any spd shoe. Just take them off when you go through security.

Joe

Yeh. Tajik security were fascinated by mine, even wanted to try them on!

I wouldn’t bother taking your cleats off…you’ll be fine.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Can’t see it being a problem they will probably ask you to take them off so the can put them through the scanner.

No worse than some boots with lots of buckles on such as these

rootes1

airport security….

no tweezers at gatwick – ‘potential weapon’

but this goes through on my key ring fine

has a decent little knife and other tools.

cleats will be fine.

Olly
    Free Member

are they any good rootes?
    it looks like the pivot might get loose quite quickly

mtbmark
    Free Member

On inspection of the shoes – it’s easy enough to remove the cleats and the backing plate from under the insole – problem solved – Thanks everyone for the help!

Cheers!

andyl
    Free Member

that keyring is quite cool but the length is under the limit for knife blades I think. Either that or they haven’t noticed!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I went through Gatwick twice in the space of a few days with a leatherman tool in the laptop bag.
    Schipol found it though. Happily the Captain said he would carry it and I would get it back at Newcastle when we landed. Good as his word too!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why the hell should it matter? If the cleats set off the alarm just show them to the jobsworths. Gotta give them some excitement in their tedious pointless little jobs.

Yeah, bang out of order the way they stop people bringing weapons and stuff through. Infringement of our Human rights for sure….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Wearing SPDs through the airport!’ is closed to new replies.