Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Wearing Hats indoors – is it poor etiquette?
  • PiknMix
    Free Member

interesting outlook.

large418
    Free Member

Wearing Hats indoors – is it poor etiquette?

Have we time slipped to the 1950s?

Hence the question – I wasn’t born in the 50’s, but I do think that wearing a baseball cap to a mealtable is poor manners/etiquette. The general consensus on here seems to agree.
    There are such things as “standards” and it appears to many that they are slipping…..

davidjones15
    Free Member

Forgetting about hats, I’ve been told on more than one occasion that one must wear something under chaps if going out in public. Funny old world.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Hence the question – I wasn’t born in the 50’s, but I do think that wearing a baseball cap to a mealtable is poor manners/etiquette

it certainly is. as is not taking it off at a church christening like my cousin did, he didn’t like my comment about whether he enjoyed Los Angeles and how were the lakers doing this season?
    i mean why else would you wear a cap with the initials of that city/team emblazoned on it?

nedrapier

I nearly got a job at TGI Friday’s until I realised I’d have to suffer the indignity of wearing an indoor hat.

_tom_
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me, not that I wear hats as I find them uncomfortable and hot. Not sure why people seem to be getting so worked up about it either 😆

tazzymtb

I wear a hat whenever the chuff I want, but then I couldn’t give a monkeys knacker what others think. If I did that I’d be like you drones. 😀

pennine
    Free Member

I was raised in the fifties and wearing a hat indoors was a sign of poor manners and frowned upon

One of my uncles always raised his hat to my mum. Don’t think I ever saw him without a tie either.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

rastafarians don’t often take theirs off– suppose theyr’e just rudies

as for all the other bollox, what can it possibly ‘offend’ unless it is some giant cock shaped tifter dripping with slime

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I’m all in favour of people wearing hats while driving as it enables me to be extra careful round them (drafty Landrovers obviously excluded).

ratherbeintobago

Army do. RN don’t unless duty or having a carpet parade. Can’t remember what the crabs RAF do.

Andy

onehundredthidiot

Duty or Hats on bollocking.

nealglover
    Free Member

interesting outlook.

Thanks.

ratherbeintobago

100thidiot – cheers for that.

Hats on bollocking.

“Interview without coffee” is such a fine euphemism, isn’t it?

CountZero

I always take mine off, except in shops. It’s just good manners, like not putting your feet up on other people’s furniture.
    Quite apart from anyone wearing a hat indoors, unless its a workspace that’s cold, or exposed, is that the wearer looks a complete tit.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I always take mine off, except in shops.

you got a top hat ? fit a fair bit of gear in them

samuri
    Free Member

+1 for the hat wearers in cars being awful drivers. It seems to be so universal too, from old men in their trilbies to young lads in their baseball caps.

After that though, I’m not that bothered if people want to wear a hat indoors. It makes them look silly but that’s just my opinion.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

got hats for all occasions — they are a bit of fun– i think that bothers some people …….

vegasdave
    Free Member

Tony Soprano persuading a baseball hat-wearing buffoon to remove it,was one of my favourite moments in The Sopranos
    No prroblem with young ‘uns wearing hats indoors, in cars ,or wherever,but when you reach a certain age,you just look a tit.

philconsequence
    Free Member

hats indoors is about as appropriate as anyone over the age of 32 wearing skate shoes 😈

see, the older generation may judge the young for having their own style, but the young will judge the older generation for trying to cling onto their youth as they get old.

did your parents like what you wore when you were young?

i say this as someone who doesnt wear a hat indoors, mainly cos i dont really wear hats…
    but it does strike me as odd that the chances are as a younger person you probably went against convention and wore clothes or had hairstyles that the older people didnt approve of, yet as you’ve grown older you’ve forgotten that.

for the record anything over 32 is old man 😛

now not holding the door open for others, pushing in a queue, shouting obscenities at children passing by… that’s poor etiquette

rudebwoy
    Free Member

,but when you reach a certain age,you just look a tit.

jamaicans of all ages wear hats, they invariably look cool, because they not take themselves too seriously, uptight whitey on the other hand has unwritten rules for all sorts of crap…. this being a great example..

and yeah all them old fellas in their hats look like tits don’t they !!!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Good manner never change even if fashions do.

tazzymtb

for the record anything over 32 is old man

strikes phil from the Christmas card list and pays an old (non santa) man to break into his house and empty his sack over him when he sleeps!

doof_doof
    Free Member

Does anyone know why hats indoors or worn at the dinner table is considered poor manners?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Count Zero seems to know all ^^^^

yunki
    Free Member

i think that bothers some people ..

some people it seems, and that would seem to include a vocal majority on here, seem to go out of their way to find stuff to be bothered about seemingly.. and that bothers me..

wear what you want.. wear a hat, wear your birthday suit, wear the tanned hide of your dearly departed sweet ol’ granny if you think it suits you..

as long as you have something interesting or amusing to say..

It’s **** moaning about every other **** around you that’s bad **** etiquette.. and where I’m from that’s an offence worthy of corporal punishment..

now that’s proper **** standards

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I once rode down to that there london on a yamaha 80– open face helmet and wore a plastic dogs nose– got two reactions– people who laughed and them others who got really offended– was five hours of fun for me..

yunki
    Free Member

interesting and amusing.. you my friend can have a biscuit 😀

are you wearing nothing but a necklace of human skulls and pants fashioned from the penis of a whale..?

(if so, have another biscuit)

a hat, being worn indoors.. crazy

rudebwoy
    Free Member

no, but i am wearing a hat,

the curtain twitchers have gone quite, cocoa all drunk, jimjams on, a good nights rest , moaning is hard work .

yunki
    Free Member

quite energy sapping I imagine

philconsequence
    Free Member

the moaners probably wear a hat to bed, thats the problem with being old, memory starts to go….

no where did i put my glasses?

philconsequence
    Free Member

sorry tazzy, 32 isn’t old really… you know it was just used to illustrate a point 😀

33 however… break out the zimmer frames

yunki
    Free Member

I’m starting to wonder about this..

if you’re finding it hard to deal with what others are wearing on their head, then possibly you’re not actually a suitable candidate to fill your role in society.. I mean, perhaps Human Being was a little ambitious..

Why not go back and see if you can get the hang of an easier one, like Seagull or toilet roll holder..

rudebwoy
    Free Member

f you’re finding it hard to deal with what others are wearing on their head, then possibly you’re not actually a suitable candidate to fill your role in society..

would be a good question at interviews– well for any job that requires human interaction..

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Wearing Hats indoors – is it poor etiquette?’ is closed to new replies.