Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • weacombe whats the big deal???
  • leec247
    Free Member

as a local to the quantocks ive tried weacombe numerous times i cant get the big fuss about it as the ride out is a killer unless someone knows a better way than me???

P20

We did it twice (two separate rides) when we were down there last month. Tasha loved it instantly, I found it ok on the 1st run. Found it difficult to attack. 2nd time down it I did enjoy it, found it easier to attack. Both times the climb was ok, with the added bonus of several deer on the 2nd run

knottie8
    Free Member

maybe you need to ride it faster .

leec247
    Free Member

riding fast isnt a problem i just find it boring compared with smiths theres nothing that technical about it

ononeorange

I’ve loved it every time – fast and flowing and a good hard climb afterwards. But I love climbing, me.

P20

Ironically we didn’t do smiths the 2nd time around because we didn’t feel it warranted the climb

Pooley
    Free Member

The right round to Staple Plain climbs not too bad, turn left, & you’re in a world of pain.

knottie8
    Free Member

Mmmm Smiths combe ? steeper and bumpier but it aint that good. Stert and Somerton ? How about frog ?

trailmonkey

riding fast isnt a problem i just find it boring compared with smiths theres nothing that technical about it

what’s so technical about smiths ?

it’s a bit steep and loose then rooty for a short section after that it’s just fast and swoopy like most q’s trails.

weacombe is faster and swoopier than most and i’ve got to say it always seems to take longer to go down than to climb back out. bargain.

i’m with mr k on stert/somerton too 8)

ruscle
    Free Member

5 lords / bin combe gets my vote for fast swoopy fun

knottie8
    Free Member

actually the run down from concrete block down through Holford combe takes some beating. Im rather keen on Slaughterhouse combe myself.

knottie8
    Free Member

singlecrack
    Free Member

I prefer smiths too
    Also somerton and weacombe prob not as technical as smiths but maybe better the faster you ride it
    Anyways they are all different ride them all and enjoy .
    The best are to be found around Triscombe for technical

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I agree with the OP. Wee is fine but smiths makes me poop my pants every time. (in a good way)

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Weacombes changed a lot in recent times. Ten years ago it used to be a lot faster, a lot narrower and a lot more fun. It’s still a great decent but not a patch on how it used to be.

For me the Chimney is still a little gem and one of my favourites.
    That said, I always seem to have a strange love of Dowsborough too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘weacombe whats the big deal???’ is closed to new replies.