Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • We need a staff holiday planner.
  • zippykona

Is there an app that shows a calender that 6 people can log into and check if holiday dates are free?

Obviously we could use a wall planner but no one looks at that. Grrr.

johnners
    Free Member

You could just share a Google Calendar with restricted write access.

nbt

You can share gmail calendars. Set up a Gmail account that can be used to run the calendar and share it to the relevant people. The person in charge of approving holidays needs to make sure the shared calendar is updated (e.g. they can insist the holiday requester adds it)

johnners
    Free Member

Set up a Gmail account that can be used to run the calendar and share it to the relevant people

That’s not necessary, you can set up a new calendar from any existing Google account and allow people to view it. You can allow edit too but IMO it’d be sensible to restrict that.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Timetastic. Let’s you request/approve leave

wait4me

My company (well not my company, where I work) use Teamseer for all leave and absence. Works very well for a medium size company like ours. No idea what it costs though.

johndoh
    Free Member

Timetastic. Let’s you request/approve leave

Is what I was going to suggest – we use it for a team of ten and it’s great. You can set individual leave entitlements, carry over holidays, give other (paid or unpaid) time off etc. There is a charge for it but it’s very little.

oddnumber
    Free Member

We use whosoff.com, works very well indeed.

mashr

Shared holiday calendar in Outlook (assuming you’re using it)

FuzzyWuzzy

We used to just use an Excel spreadsheet for department level leave tracking, it got removed last year as apparently it was a problem under GDPR (I can’t see how it’s an issue just knowing if a fellow member of staff is on leave but apparently it was), we can only do it at immediate team level now

matt_outandabout

We had all sorts of spreadsheet going on for holiday and sickness.

We moved to breatheHR and it’s brilliant. Saved a lot in time and money, and apparently bugger all per month.

https://www.breathehr.com/

cbike
    Free Member

Teamup?

Useful for everything!

Logistics, holidays, room booking.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Timetastic in a previous role was great. We have a custom HR system now but the absence section looks & works in a remarkably similar way…

lunge

We use PeopleHR, works well but no idea of cost.
    I’d have thought for that few people a shared calendar of some sort would be the best option.

Sui
    Free Member

My company also use PeopleHR. Its OK, it has an app which makes booking and checking v quick and easy. Cost is dependent on level of models you use, you can have quite a basic version which is pretty cheap..

ratherbeintobago

Surely as this is STW we need to recommend the most overpowered solution possible?

So… CLWRota is ace and can be set up to allow/decline leave based on how many people are off already.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘We need a staff holiday planner.’ is closed to new replies.