Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • We don reeed the sun in Liverpooooool
  • RaveyDavey
    Free Member

As above that scouse Unite bloke on tv today. Is it true, don't they read the Sun in liverpool or is he just making it up?? 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm sure some people read the Sun in Liverpool, but (and I don't have the city by city circulation figures to hand) I'm guessing it is the city where its circulation is amongst the lowest in England. It all goes back to Hillsborough and the Sun's pretty disgraceful coverage of events. I believe that absolute bottom feeding tosser **** Kelvin McKenzie was in charge at the time.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

The thing is and this is why I posted this, is that I work with scousers, some of them liverpool fans, who read the Sun. It just amazes me how these urban myths live on. A couple of the younger lads don't even know the Hillsborough history, which says less about them than about the media I think.

mike_check
    Free Member

Deadly Darcy is right, and yes it was Kelvin McKenzie. It's also boycotted by lots of newsagents in Liverpool as well as the general public.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Yes some people read it but not many and tends to be people who have come to live in the city be it the woolybacks or wider a field or the younger generation. I have personaly seen the Sun set on fire by a newsagent who cancelled his order following Hillsborough but still had them delivered. Just dont read it in the pubs around anfield, even the bluenoses wont buy it.

Raveydavey are your work mates from Liverpool or the surrounding areas with all the people who claim they are from Liverpool

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

are your work mates from Liverpool or the surrounding areas with all the people who claim they are from Liverpool

I live in North Wales mate and believe me I know the difference between a real and a plastic scouser. Just think it is an urban myth now. I know it was true around the time it happened but not any more especially on the blue side of the city.

surfer
    Free Member

Its not an urban myth. I had a team from the midlands working for me recently and they commented that they couldnt find a copy in the local newsagents.

DD is right. As a scouser myself Liverpool and its people has its faults but the behaviour of the paper during that period was beyond the pale.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Yeah true enough mate but the South Yorks Police were the ones who should shoulder the ultimate blame. Never forget that! They got away with murder pure and simple.

lodious
    Free Member

It's deffo not an urban myth, because a couple of years ago the Sun tried a charm offensive on Liverpool to try to recover it's lost circulation.

loddrik
    Free Member

Another scouser here, even evertonians would be ashamed to read the sun, it should be spat
    on and burned IMO. I reckon newsagents only stock it here as they are contractually obliged to from the distributor. I have never even seen anyone with a copy. Putting aside the hilsborough issue, it is utter shite anyway, not really sure how you class (and I am assuming here) that 15 pages of jordan and posh and becks coverage is in any way classed as news anyway….

Ravey davey, you may work with scousers but you are not one and don't live here, if you did, you would see that the animosity felt toward the sun is as strong as it has ever been.

project
    Free Member

Strangely they print it oop there on the east lancs road, near Kirby.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The Daily Mirror, The Sun, The Star, they're all not really worthy of calling themselves newspapers. They should just cut out the middleman and send them all straight to the chip shop. They pretend to have political leanings but its all just lip-service and filler inbetween the stories about X-Factor and other non-news. The Daily Mirror plays the politics angle a little harder but it still reads as though the editor is the vice-president of Rotherham Polytechnic student union.

swisstony
    Free Member

Anyone who remembers what happened wouldn't wipe their arse on it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘We don reeed the sun in Liverpooooool’ is closed to new replies.