Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 482 total)
  • We Christians
  • hora
    Free Member

IHN

Are we back onto sodomy again?

You’re only gay if you back onto it

Cougar

I found a dead mouse in bucket of water in my garage at the weekend.

Maybe it thought it was jesus and found out the hard way that it wasn’t?

Its the spirit of the law not the letter of the Law that is important in Christianity.

This week.

MSP

Matthew 19:24

Jesus- “Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Somebody better tell the torries, their economic policy is against the word of god!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Its the spirit of the law not the letter of the Law that is important in Christianity.

This week.

complaining Christianity is too inflexible, now complain Christianity is too flexible.

tracknicko
    Free Member

i found a dead mouse in a bucket in the garden the other day.

mice are everywhere!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No, that’s disingenuous. You could prove it quite easily if there was any proof to be had. Absolute disproof isn’t possible.

For example. If I found a mouse in my house, I could prove I had mice. Or if I found mouse droppings, that would make me think I might have mice.

In the absence of those things, it’s a fairly safe bet that I don’t have mice. I have no reason to suspect that I might have mice, and an unshakable faith that I did, in fact, have mice despite having no evidence to back that up, would be somewhere between illogical and paranoid. Yet, I cannot prove that I don’t have mice.

Excellent. This thread has already progressed onto whether there is a God or not. I predict countless pages of pointless pontification.

Cougar

I don’t really want to think too much about what rich boys in parliament are entering.

binners

Are you suggesting the mice were performing baptism’s when something went horribly wrong?

D0NK

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle

powerful enough blender and I reckon you could manage that.

Cougar

complaining Christianity is too inflexible, now complain Christianity is too flexible.

I was complaining that it was inconsistent. Thanks for backing me up. (-:

Excellent. This thread has already progressed onto whether there is a God or not. I predict countless pages of pointless pontification.

Of course it has, it’s a religion thread on STW. Anyone forcing you to read it?

(Pontification, very good!)

kimbers

all you heathens sicken me

i shall be attacking all my chocolate easter eggs in proper devout fashion-i hope i find the one with the baby jesus inside!

weare138
    Free Member

There is no Dog.

Cougar

powerful enough blender and I reckon you could manage that.

Or sufficient curry powder.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i dont believe in the torys

kimbers

Are you suggesting the mice were performing baptism’s when something went horribly wrong?

its worse than that- it was the mouse inquisition, they were dunking a witch mouse

binners

Dolcered

don’t know about the mice. im pretty sure a cat visits my garden. the dog can smell it, i can’t, but im pretty sure it has visited.

Klunk
    Free Member

So he has time to talk on religion but still hasn’t found the time to talk about illegal use of 10 Downing street and effectively people paying to get their agenda/interests up there. Right.

perhaps god got his wedge out and slapped it on the table ?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

pretty much all religious texts can be taken any way you want and for eg. can be used by both sides of a bloody conflict as proof that each side has their chosen deity’s backing.

True, but even if you took religion out of it these things would still happen there’d just be a different excuse. Fundamentalists can say whatever they like to me, sometimes I’ll debate with, sometimes not, but they’re not changing my mind.

hora
    Free Member

Ah yes maybe it was a private meet/lobby to get his message up on and out there by buying Cameron to speak for him.

druidh
    Free Member

joao3v16 – Member
    Bear in mind David Macaroon was speaking at an Easter reception. Easter being a Christian thing.

I think you’ll find that Eastre pre-dates Christianity by quite a bit

rkk01
    Free Member

Only problem is, you’re assuming your ‘belief’ that it’s a fairy story is correct …

Difference is, I’m open to any evidence you might have to the contrary.

Nooooooo! We’ve tried that before somewhere on here, most recently the Angry atheists thread… turns out you can’t prove or disprove God.

What drivel – the whole thing (bible) is fictional tosh – or at best a contradoctory, handed down, biased set of ramblings written a few hundred years after the “facts”.

OK – proving / disproving god – difficult. Proving a negative always is, so lets assume there is a tinsy, tinsy possibility that god = True.

However, irrespective of that metaphysical line of equiry turns out, the rest of it is fairy tale…

Where shall we start…

Scribe 1

Ahh yes, I “remember” it well, ’twas in the late summer of my great, great, great, great, great grandfather’s years in Judea, A.D. 33, Saturday afternoon, about tea time….

Scribe 2

Ohh what happened???

Scribe 1

Well, these Romans, see, they got fed up with this bloke spouting on about having a second coming – so they nailed him to a bit of wood and hung him out to die. @cept he didn’t die – was seen down town 3 days later, had a big nosh up with his mates and then shot off up into the sky in a big flash

Scribe 2

Wow – fab story, write it down. our kids might forget it if it’s passed down word of mouth like it has been for the last 400 years. I reckon that’ll be the next bestseller….

Of course it’s all true

alex222
    Free Member

perhaps god got his wedge out and slapped it on the table

so he did decide to

do God

in private as well as

in public

D0NK

True, but even if you took religion out of it these things would still happen

oh yeah no doubt about it. What you believe is probably very different to what every other Christian believes. Religion can be all things to all men. So it’s a bit dodgy you saying which are the most important bits of your religion.

And why I have a deep mistrust of any religious spokes person who purports to speak for his/her people/congregation.

kimbers

you see thats why i dont like macaroon, he invites god to No. 10

obama gets uhura round

binners

If he starts all this religion stuff in parliament he’ll have George Galloway opposing him, dressed in a burka

After dedicating his election victory to Allah, I’m assuming he’s muslim. George wouldn’t do shameless opportunism as he’s a man of principle

Aristotle
    Free Member

By all means be nice to people as far as practical -I try to be.

Don’t however do it because of the contents of a book of contradictory, many times interpreted, ancient text centred around the threat of eternal damnation.

How many other 2000+ year old manuals would you refer to for guidance?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Anyone forcing you to read it?

Well I thought it would be rude not to, since I posted on thread before it moved onto whether there is a God or not.

But a good point anyway Cougar.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I have arrived at the conclusion that CallMeDave is a vapid fekwit who is making stuff up as he goes along and even then, doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2012/04/prime-ministers-dissembling-hypocritical-and-disingenuous-speech-to-religious-leaders

richmtb

I think the correct summary of Cameron is “Jesus wept”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As a PR man he is whatever he thinks his audience want him to be. Curry a bit of favour with god botherers? why not

binners

Slimey PR Muppet in Telling People What They Want to Hear Shocka

IHN

TJ describes Cameron as PR man shocker

binners

But we are all individuals

plodtv
    Free Member
    kimbers

people picking on TJ…again, shocker

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I can’t even believe he quoted the “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” – the cheek of him.

I hope he remembers this if one day he loses all his millions, becomes destitute, sick or disabled, and he has to live under the rules his own government made, go through the humiliation of an Atos assessment, experience the ineptitude of a Jobcentre, or stack shelves for free in a supermarket.

It’s not likely to happen of course, but I’d love for this guy to experience what it’s like not to be rich and privileged and have to muddle along with everyone else, and then he might understand that quote he is chucking around to try and make himself look good.

Being a Christian is more than just going to church or paying nonsense lip service to Bible quotes it’s about living your values, Jesus valued everyone no matter whether they were rich or poor, Cameron doesn’t give a monkeys about anyone who isn’t in his millionaires club.

Camels and eyes of needles anyone?

*Gets off soapbox for the day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Today’s Big Hitter Suck-Pool is brought to you by Quavers.

Hmmm, Quavers….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well, there’s no more Eostre eggs…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘We Christians’ is closed to new replies.