Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • WCA Shed Thread
  • jota180
    Free Member

5thElefant
    Free Member

jeez, how much did that cost?

I bet you could build another shed for the price of that. 😯

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It will be used to run the tub and sauna, both with 32amp rating plus other electrics in the shed. It is over specced so I can use the new consumer unit to run stuff in the garage more safely as the present unit trips quite easy.

Future proofing and it wasn’t that much more than 16mm which was just about okay for the tub and sauna

andyl
    Free Member

why not us a wood burner for the sauna? Doesnt have to be in the room, could be out in the main bit with some pipes and a heat exchanger in the sauna room.

willard

That would be the true STW way but, with WCA’s past form, I can only see that ending badly. Mind you, the amount of electricity going down that new cable would lend itself to a pretty scary outcome.

You are getting someone else to put that it, right?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am getting a qualified and registered sparky to connect the house end, the consumer unit in the garage and the wiring to the isolator switch and the tub.

Once that is done we get the tub craned over the garage, fitted and commissioned.

Then I can finally get the rest of the walls and the roof up and make the place water tight.

Then we can get the rest of the wiring in place.

So slow at the mo

Murray

Make sure you get pictures of the tub being craned over (just not from underneath it 😉

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Make sure you get pictures of the tub being craned over christened.

[Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong
    Wrong]

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Not much of an update but a reminder that the shed gets craned over the garage tomorrow which should give some more interesting pictures.

Anyway, here is the new garage supply leaving the house

Here it is buried under the garden. The white conduit is for the garden lights that were fitted ages ago. You can’t actually see the cable as it is buried but it does give you the chance to comment on the leaves, uncut grass and unkempt borders

Here it is coming into the garage and into the new consumer unit

Out of the garage and to the isolator switches for the tub and sauna. The cable out has been left on the reel so we have lots of spare when the tub is dropped in place

wwaswas

Anyway, here is the new garage supply leaving the house

I love the label: “New Garage Supply” 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Truck turns up

Tub turns up

Tub moved to the bottom of the drive ready for lifting

Reversing the crane onto the drive

Stabalise the crane and unfurl the arm

Start lifting the tub before realising someone put one of the straps through the trailer and that was lifting too

All clear now so up and over

Crane leaving

footflaps

Cool set of photos!

When do the hookers and coke turn up?

eddie11
    Free Member

‘WCA Headquarters’? 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

WCA Headquarters’ I couldn’t afford a hollowed out volcano

stumpy01

😯

Was that driveway designed with getting an HGV down it, in mind?!

scaled
    Free Member

that sequence makes it look like you’ve had to bend the lamp post and gatepost 😀

AlexSimon

wow

DezB
    Free Member

Make sure you get pictures of the tub being craned over

WCA doesn’t disappoint!

drlex
    Free Member

Another +1 for the WCA signage.

(Also: professional driver/crane-ists earn their money.)

nbt

DT78
    Free Member

Impressive skills by that driver

boblo
    Free Member

I’m sure the neighbours will be delighted when Dirk Diggler and his chums turn up for the opening ceremony 🙂

bland

Are the Kegs of beer for the coke and hookers party? when do we get our invite?

footflaps

Are the Kegs of beer for the coke and hookers party? when do we get our invite?

I can sell you front row tickets for £250 + £60 booking fee.

Paypal gift only.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Work meant I didn’t get started on the shed structure until later than I wanted. I was happily working away when it started to rain. It was only when I got the tarpaulin over I realised it had gone all dark and it was time for beer.

Hot tub in place with the cover over. Side wall now in place and large gap on the left where the sliding door will go

Sauna in structure is good to go. Roof is deliberately lower than the main shed to intensify the heat inside.

All wrapped up for the night (who ordered the wrong size tarp?)

Russell96

Finally dawned on me its a cunning plan to correct the errors made in youth.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TXNEE6SaoI[/video]

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What did you do when you finished work today?

I noggin’d my shed roof

its a cunning plan to correct the errors made in youth.

I have never made errors.

What has happened to me is a conspiracy by the Gods!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Any update for the weekend?

hooli

Good progress for a evening project.

andyfla
    Free Member

Any update for the weekend?

I think you probably need to ask Southampton General Hospital that …..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sorry – bit slack on the updates as I have had family down for the weekend. Managed to get the board for the roof down and some of the cladding completed.

Not sure how one piece of cladding grew between being cut and being fitted but there is a bit of trimming to be done

The green stuff is vapour wrap to stop the dampness getting in. I will need to fit this to the inside too to stop the steam escaping out.

You might also notice that the tricky last length of cladding beneath the roof hasn’t yet been fitted. That should be fun as it involves cutting one 4.8 metre and two 3.6 metre pieces of cladding along the length and along the grain and ensuring a flush fit with the roof board.

The roof board then gets trimmed flush with the cladding and the rubber roof and edging is fitted.

Hoping to order the double glazed glass units today. Not looking forward to paying for 9 big windows though.

footflaps

You might also notice that the tricky last length of cladding beneath the roof hasn’t yet been fitted. That should be fun as it involves cutting one 4.8 metre and two 3.6 metre pieces of cladding along the length and along the grain and ensuring a flush fit with the roof board.

Borrow a table saw….

hammyuk
    Free Member

One here if you need it

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just come in for a rest after sawing the long lengths and Now I read this 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Rubber roofing material

Unroll and let it relax for 1/2 an hour

Water based glue for the middle, evostick stuff for the edges

Rubber laid and needs the edging fixing

granny_ring

Can only admire your speed of work sir, well done.
    How much was the rubber roofing?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

About 350 for 3.6 by 4.8 roof with all eding and flashine and glue etc

rubber roof dot com

Their website is good AT WORKING OUT WHAT YOU NEED. pHONE AND ASK FOR A DISCOUNT. i SAve £60

granny_ring

If you can get some pics to show how you’ve gone about doing the edging that would be great ta.

AlexSimon

granny_ring – Member

Can only admire your speed of work sir, well done.
    Indeed – took me months!

stumpy01

Cripes! I’d have probably only had the holes dug for the footings by now! Great progress.

Took me about 6 months of half hearted weekend working to get rid of our pond (half sunken, half raised – about 4x2m in total), fill it in and stick some cheap slabs down to meet the existing patio!

I had better not show this to the Wife, or it’ll confirm her suspicions that I do things incredibly slowly!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘WCA Shed Thread’ is closed to new replies.