Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 274 total)
  • WC DH 2021
  • alpin
    Free Member

I thought TracyH did a great job in the commentary box,

+1

Felt fresh. Brought new life and enthusiasm to the ladies dh.

brant
    Free Member

Has there been any news on Minaar’s run – I think he was having shoe/pedal issues – Rob and Claudio didn’t seem to notice that his foot was flapping around a lot.

sharkattack

On Wyn TV Minaar said something broke in his brake lever and he only had 50% rear brake.

chiefgrooveguru

Can someone move this to the bike forum to break up the endless boredom of gravel and road bikes? For the last two days I thought all the MTBers had quit STW…

Great racing, that woods section was so tricky. Nice to see Brosnan win again after so many years of consistently almost doing it!

I didn’t hear a single thing about wheel sizes during the race – does that mean that everyone is now on 29/27.5 mullets bar a few on full 29? The only time the bikes were mentioned was the Commencals and the prototype virtual high pivot.

Paul-B

Very exciting race, nice to see Troy take a win at last!

My Fantasy League however was a disaster! I had Payet who obviously had his issues and Nina Hoffman who didn’t start. Anyone know what happened there?

t4thh
    Free Member

does that mean that everyone is now on 29/27.5 mullets bar a few on full 29?

Alex Marin was full 27.5 I think

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

@Paul-B

… Nina Hoffman who didn’t start. Anyone know what happened there?

Think I heard she’d picked up a concussion in practice before the race.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can someone move this to the bike forum to break up the endless boredom of gravel and road bikes?

Seconded.

nickc

My Fantasy League however was a disaster!

Hahah mine too, I can only apologise to those racers, I was clearly a total jinx!

DezB
    Free Member

Great summary vid on YT now, for those who may’ve missed it, or just wanna recap

identitizombie

Great summary vid on YT now, for those who may’ve missed it, or just wanna recap

@DezB
    – we popped it up the other day too, with men’s and women’s highlights and current standings 🙂

https://singletrackworld.com/2021/06/downhill-highlights-leogang-world-cup-2021/

DezB
    Free Member

Just noticed that on Facebork 🙂

ayjaydoubleyou

I hung off every word last week, followed the youtube build up stuff from the teams and Cathro, sat on the edge of my seat for the race (which I watched sunday morning after a self imposed media blackout).

I was absolutely hooked.

2 observations.

I could tell you who won both races, Vali crashed while on a winning run, and I think Pierron did quite well. Couldn’t tell you with certainty the rest of the podiums though.

Crankworx is getting all the hype this week, so far there has been a dual slalom and a whipoff. A lot of the same riders as WC last week. And I really couldn’t care less. I’ve tried to watch it. And I’m just bored.

cleetonator

Well its WCDH round 2 this week, I’m looking forward to the event coverage (some of which has already started). fingers crossed we get a race with decent (and consistent) weather conditions this time.

ossify

Pity 2 of the most exciting racers are out 🙁
    Hopefully they’re ok and back up again soon.

(For those who haven’t seen the front page: Amaury Pierron & Thibaut Daprela)

ayjaydoubleyou

Pity 2 of the most exciting racers are out 🙁

Its that new prototype 6bar Supreme – deathtrap I tells ya.

Are we seeing higher speeds and therefore more injuries? Are we going to legislate madatory 26 inch wheels to slow the riders down?

sharkattack

Are we seeing higher speeds and therefore more injuries? 

Dangerous section of track apparently. Modified with a chicane after Diprela’s crash but Pierron still nailed himself somehow.

Haven’t seen any footage from the race yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQT7uo1rOZ_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

cleetonator

Its looking like it could be another interesting race, conditions wise. There has been some thunderstorms go through and lots of the track is brand new. It certainly sounds like it’ll chop up again and we’ll end up with another race with riders struggling to stay upright with the wheels turning.

Track walk with Wyn is on the front page: https://singletrackworld.com/2021/07/les-gets-is-upon-us-head-for-a-track-walk-with-wyn/

weeksy

They need to start finding big hills in dry places where they can ride and battle without a slop fest 😀

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

The DownTime Podcast has an excellent episode about this one, really enjoyed it and enjoying the wider coverage too. Feeling pretty hyped about this years racing. Massive shame Daprela and Amaury are out though, especially with the way Daprela rode at Leogang.

cleetonator

Daprela was recorded by Cathro practicing earlier today, despite the stitches in his face. It stands a chance he’ll be racing on the weekend. Hard as nails that guy!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Agh, that creates a Fantasy DH team dilemma. He was on my roster but I removed him after he got injured and rejigged the rest.

chakaping
    Free Member

https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Les-Gets-Road-Gap-Carnage,11216

It’s gonna be a corker if any riders survive to finals.

grum
    Free Member

Course doesn’t look very good tbh, how come its a brand new one?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

That road gap carnage is insane 😵

sharkattack

Have you watched any of the track walk videos? There’s a rare level of enthusiasm and excitement for this one.

I think the track looks mint. The only issue is that it’s fresh and soft and it’s going to rain loads. It’s going to get totally sliced up immediately.

In the dry it would be wild but it could go either way in the rain. I hope we get a good race and not another gag reel.

fingerbang
    Free Member

The DownTime Podcast has an excellent episode about this one, really enjoyed it and enjoying the wider coverage too. Feeling pretty hyped about this years racing. Massive shame Daprela and Amaury are out though, especially with the way Daprela rode at Leogang.

Agreed. I really enjoyed it. The interviewee, Chris kilmurray, was the most well informed guy I think ive ever heard in an MTB interview. He really knows his onions. They should interview him every week. Chris the interviewer did a good job too

grum
    Free Member

Have you watched any of the track walk videos? There’s a rare level of enthusiasm and excitement for this one.

I dunno I think it’s maybe just because it’s so fresh it looks a bit unbuilt. The run in to that gap is just a horribly muddy wide featureless slope.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-raw-carnage-and-a-few-brilliant-moments-les-gets-world-cup-dh-2021.html

I guess it will all get rutted and lines will become more obvious but at the moment it kinda looks like a freshly created enduro stage not a WC DH track. I like rocks also 🙂

BoardinBob

I dunno I think it’s maybe just because it’s so fresh it looks a bit unbuilt

That’s exactly what it is. It’s on the Mont Chery side of Les Gets and the track they put in isn’t actually a trail that can be ridden. It’s only for this race and it’s classic drag some tape down a hill and see what happens

pothead
    Free Member

I dunno I think it’s maybe just because it’s so fresh it looks a bit unbuilt. The run in to that gap is just a horribly muddy wide featureless slope.

Most of the riders are saying its EXACTLY the type of track they’ve been asking for as there is no obvious line on most of the track, time can be made up and lost on almost every corner and its changing every run. I think they were cutting some of the biggest roots away on the run into the gap out of the woods last night after practice, should be a good race on Saturday and the track should suit the British riders

weeksy

Certainly looks entertaining from the videos. !

Some of the casing off the gap were a bit heavy ! As well as riders backing out of it, which i’ve rarely/never seen before… So was kinda cool to watch.

dannyh
    Free Member

It is the type of track the majority of riders have been asking for.

The issue will come if it rains because some bits will become unrideable. Even more so than Leogang last year. But you can’t have ‘natural, rooty, loamy’ and expect it to stand up in the rain. I just hope it stays dry because there is going to be some epic riding and line choice if it does.

I also hope no one is seriously injured as the step down at the top and the river gap will claim a few and there is a point if no return with both. It is a risk inherent in the sport, so no problems there, but just hope any crashes are classifiable as ‘funny’ rather than ‘nasty’.

alpin
    Free Member

If this was pinkbike you’d be down voted into oblivion…. 😁

Track looks interesting, wet or not.

I’m glad I’m not racing it, but should make for interesting and exciting viewing.

Reese Wilson?

grum
    Free Member

I watched the Wyn Masters course-walk vid and I think claiming that all the riders have been crying out for/are thrilled by this track is quite the exaggeration. Some of them seemed excited by it, some didn’t. I can defo see that it should suit British riders.

I can see I’m in a minority here but it just looks amateurish to me and like the old days of taping off bits of a ski slope and seeing what happens. I can appreciate it might make for good drama/bloopers reel…

I’ve also never seen multiple people case a jump like on those vids. Difficult is fine but it just seems badly designed.

🤷‍♂️

dannyh
    Free Member

Brosnan looked amazing and in control on the bits I’ve seen. Vergier riding some mental lines at mental speeds.

grum
    Free Member

Got a link danny?

dannyh
    Free Member

Paul-B

It’s going to be a good one!
    On Wyn’s track walk vid you could see how steep it is. I watched Bernard Kerrs practice video too. It’s going to get interesting if/when it rains.

dannyh
    Free Member

Look at the ‘bed’ of roots that is coming through.

If it rains on race day it could become a lottery.

But it looks flipping incredible – best riders on the planet having to give it full body English to stay upright….

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-raw-carnage-and-a-few-brilliant-moments-les-gets-world-cup-dh-2021.html

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 274 total)

The topic ‘WC DH 2021’ is closed to new replies.