Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Waypoints on Garmin 1000 GPX
  • littlerob

Is it possible to load a route into a Garmin 1000 (as a gpx or trx) but also show individual locations?

Specifically, what I want to do is to show the location of taps on the SDW.

Thanks

Rob

scotroutes

I don’t know about the 1000 but I’d do that on my Oregon my creating a POI file and displaying that.

qwerty
    Free Member

Ha – i’m just entering into the Garmin / waypoint world too & a SDW challenge. Can you add the taps as Waypoints and then set Proximity Alerts to inform you of them as you approach/reach/leave them? I’m trying to set proximity alerts to an audiable beep but have silent waypoints so i dont chirp for 100 miles long.

jonba
    Free Member

You can do way points in garmin basecamp and then put them on (assuming it works the same as the 800 series).

The other option if you are going to be going past (not near) them on route is to put them in as generic course points and save as a TCX. This is the method I use to mark cafes and shops on very long rides. I do this on bike hike, very straight forward.

littlerob

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll have an experiment with Waypoints (never used them before).

littlerob

FYI I found that you can add “Locations” to the garmin. On my last ride I added a couple to see what would happen when I got near and rode past them both (twice) without noticing anything out of the ordinary.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Waypoints on Garmin 1000 GPX’ is closed to new replies.