Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Way OT – Beefy water pistol for cat deterrence
  • hatter

I’ve had the missus up in arms over next door’s cats coming into our garden and pooping where our toddler plays.

To make the act of deterring them a bit more fun I’ve decided this is an ace excuse to buy a massive water pistol/gun so that i can while away the evening merrily sniping at them from the bedroom window as they try and answer the call.

Range is important, anyone bought anything recently that could drench a feline at range? Links would be handy.

wwaswas

Beefy water pistol for cat deterrence

Try a normal water pistol and some Oxo cubes?

hatter

Tempting, would love to be a fly on the wall when our neighbors come round to ask the missus why their cat smells like the business end of a Toby carvery.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Pressure washer 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

mix in extra hot chilli powder, very unhappy cat when it sits down to clean it’s self.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Automatic cat sprinkler, bit more expensive but it’s effective. You can’t be watching the whole time, but this can.

Did the job for my veg patch in my old house, just don’t forget to switch it off before you or the family walk in front of it, you’ll only do it once or twice

pondo

I was toying with the idea of a catapault to deter the squirrels at the bottom of our garden. And Nasty White Cat From The Houses Over The Way.

brooess
    Free Member

just don’t forget to switch it off before you or the family walk in front of it, you’ll only do it once or twice

Surely you can;t get close enough to turn it off without the motion sensor picking you up and giving you a jetwash? 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Is your missus happy with your approach? I can’t help think you should discuss with her the best way to get that pussy soaking wet. It’s not how beefy your pistol is but how you use it which usually makes the difference

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Ha, that what Charlie says

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Nerf gun doesn’t do them any harm but does scare the living s##t out of them even if you miss,current fave is the 50cal sniper rifle look a like, darts whistle as they go through the air 😀

P.s this is no way an excuse just to play with Nerf guns honest 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Way OT – Beefy water pistol for cat deterrence’ is closed to new replies.