Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • way of the roses
  • PMK2060

Has anybody done this c2c ride? I am tempted to try and do it in 1 day in May but worried that I will be biting off more than I can chew.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I live in Pateley and work in the TIC. One day would be very gruelling. The hardcore guys tend to do it in two, and stop here. First day is all up and down, but shorter day. By the time I see those guys they are nearly all pretty ruined, and often they have planned to go on to ripon but reach us and sack it off. that leaves you a second longer but far flatter day.

If you do do it then I doff my hat to you sir. I would need to be really fit before attempting.

Please do watch your speed coming down greenhow too, the corners are sharp, the road surface ****, and the hill steep. People have gone off the edge.

Would also depend if the wind was on your side as well.

PMK2060

Thanks. Think 2 days may be more realistic.

sturmey
    Free Member

I did it last year with grittyshaker off here in 2 days at the back end of june. First day Morecambe to Boroughbridge got a train from Saltaire station and arrived in Morecambe just after 9 and rode with the wind on our backs steadily to Boroughbridge for about 6pm with stops for lunch faffing and flooded roads. Second day Boroughbridge to Bridlington,pretty much all flat easy riding with slight detour round flooding in York. then Train back from Brid to Leeds. If you want to stop and look around a bit i’d suggest doing it over 3 days.

PMK2060

Boroughbridge Is where I intend to stop if I do it in 2 days. Can you recommend a b&b sturmey?

sturmey
    Free Member

We stayed at the Black Bull pub reasonably priced and will store your bike in a store room cum pantry, we decided to eat somewhere else as the store room was a little grotty and next to the kitchen! Rooms were good with hair dryer for drying out shoes and clothes! Breakfast was good so we may have been a little hasty eating somewhere else. Beer was good.

tom84
    Free Member

is this the same as the ‘normal’ c2c or a different route? I am planning to do this at easter and would be interested and appreciate hearing about your plans…

adampridmore
    Free Member

A mate and I did it In a day a few years ago. So it can be done!

Garmin Activity

We’ve both done a fair few 100+ sportives and regularly ride. There’s more to it than fitness, you need to know what works for you eating wise to keep you energy up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘way of the roses’ is closed to new replies.