Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • *waves at bike designers*
  • z1ppy

Please can you make something like this now… http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Banshee-Phantom-29er-Sea-Otter-2013.html as it’s just the bike I want, not in 2015 for mega bucks.

Apparently I need 140mm of travel, in order to get a nice relaxed head angle on a 29er FS. Yeah the Whyte would be just the bunny but some bloody silly magazine raved about them, so now they’ll be sold out.

wwaswas

their lawn needs the drainage looking at.

AlexSimon

Why not get a 140mm bike that pedals well. I’ve never once wished for less travel on my bike.

z1ppy

cause I been down the “more travel than I need” route, and regretted it.
    I just want a fun light weight relaxed 29er full suss bike, that matches my HT.

nickhead
    Free Member

According to their FB page, Whyte are bringing the 2014 bikes forward to satisfy demand

“We are hoping to take delivery of the 2014 T129-S in early July, having brought the production forward significantly due to demand. Please stay in contact with your local dealer who will have the specs and pricing by early July.”

ads678

Five29?

ahwiles
    Free Member

What Zippy said.

AlexSimon – Member

Why not get a 140mm bike that pedals well. I’ve never once wished for less travel on my bike.

(it’s a good question)

because that’ll be 40mm more travel than i *really* need, and well controlled travel costs £££.

i can’t afford it, i don’t need it, i don’t even want it. i do need a little skill compensation, and i reckon helpful geometry is more important than more travel.

basically, it’s not 1997 anymore, which is the last time i hucked-to-flat.

ads678 – Member

Five29?

they’re for people who’ve had a pay-rise or 2 in the last 6 years…

Sam

waves back – no chance 😀

You need to talk to Cy about a 29″ Rocket….

z1ppy

Not even if I ask with a “pretty please”?

Ahwiles sums it up (my needs) really, though I’m interested to hear about that Whyte announcement though.

Wookster

That’s a nice looking bike, with a good amount of travel for me!! 😳

Am I right in thinking it will be badged as Banshee over here?? Or have I made that up

z1ppy

Wookster it’s Mythic in the UK apparently..

Nother interesting slack 100/120mm bike… limited run Speciliazed Enduro SX 29er (slalom bike)

Now why can’t/don’t they make a production one, eh?

eshershore
    Free Member

@z1ppy

its back to Banshee Bikes in the UK, something that the Banshee guys put right when they moved to their new UK distributor ISON

when Freeborn were doing Banshee it had to become “Mythic” because of the Halfords “Carrera Banshee” trademarking; Freeborn were warned by Halfords Legal people to leave the issue alone

turns out in the early days when this issue was being looked into, one of the original Canadian owners of Banshee only made it as far as Heathrow Airport / Hotel and did not make the meeting with Halfords..

who were somewhat miffed and therefore less than keen to come to a compromise over the issue when Freeborn made an attempt to talk to them

brant
    Free Member

Actually I’ve got just the thing in my bike room downstairs, and it’s going to retail from £1199 for a complete bike (X9, Recon Silver, Monarch).

100mm rear, 100-120mm front. It’s great. Frame/shock retail from £499 perhaps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice advert, Brant.

🙂

Wookster

Zippy that is awesome!!!! 😯

I look forward to the press release Brant!

z1ppy

Brant, need a portly It guy (forum demographic) to test it? 😀
    Seriously though, any further info?

Bugger if I was wrong about the SX being a 29er, maybe wishful thinking on my part

DickBarton

have you checked the Whyte isn’t available? my lbs has them…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘*waves at bike designers*’ is closed to new replies.