Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Waterproof bag for new tent……
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Looking for a large waterproof bag for our new tent (approx 1400mm long x 500mm dia). The nearest thing I’ve found is a HD caravan awning bag at Gardiners in Wakefield – but not quite big enough. They do custom made ones – but it won’t be ready for when I need it.

Any Ideas anybody?

STATO
    Free Member

Huge drybag? The question is tho, why waterproof?

BFITH
    Free Member

New tent won’t fit in the boot so having to strap it to the roof bars. The bag it came in is a bit thin and not waterproof….doing a long trip to France in a couple of weeks and need something just in case it gets a bit rainy….

bentandbroken

Sailmakers will happily make a bag to suit almost any requirement of that type. It’s often cheaper than ‘fancy’ expedition type dry bags as well

STATO
    Free Member

Id suggest some builder rubble bags, put it in two of those, gaffa tape them sealed. Sorted.

bentandbroken

or bubble wrap and gaffer tape 🙂

bentandbroken

@STATO

Great minds and all that 😉

BFITH
    Free Member

Id suggest some builder rubble bags, put it in two of those, gaffa tape them sealed.

Might be the way ahead….had already thought of this…..jus wondered if i could get something more sturdy and permanent…

molgrips
    Free Member

Thule roof bag or similar?

My experience of plastic bags on roof mounted things involves a HELL of a lot of noise.

Drac
    bentandbroken

Sailmakers will happily make a bag to suit almost any requirement of that type. It’s often cheaper than ‘fancy’ expedition type dry bags as well

Just had a quick look in ebay, item number 170926403968 might suit you

BFITH
    Free Member

Just had a quick look in ebay, item number 170926403968 might suit you

Looks like it might….thanks for that…… 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Aldi do massive dry bags for £8 each – buy two 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof bag for new tent……’ is closed to new replies.