Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • waterproof/resistant shorts- Endura mt500 spray or Altura attack
  • desboy3
    Free Member

Rain today has prompted me to look at shorts to keep me dry and the two in the title are the ones I’m looking at. Any opinions or advice would be great!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have a pair endura which have seen 4 years use.

Really good, use them nearly all winter.

If you use them over bib shorts or slippy undershorts make sure you get some braces to hold em up or they’ll slide down when move on your saddle.

neninja
    Free Member

My first pair of MT500 bought in late Spring last year had the crotch seam come apart and the waterproof rear panel delaminate so they leaked within a couple of months.

The replacement pair (which took 6 weeks for Endura to supply) were a different fit (despite being the same size), leak and the material was changed in places to a soft shell type material that absorbs water like a sponge.

Liftman

If you get the Altura’s also get the braces to suit them as they tend so slide down.

Rickos
    Free Member

The Alturas are massive. Ignore their size guide and go at least one size smaller.

honourablegeorge

I have the Endura Event shorts, they’re excellent, but you need tights under them

MrKmkII
    Free Member

+

neil853
    Free Member

I have the MT500 spray’s and I like them a lot, seem to be lasting too which is better than some of the other Endura stuff i’ve had recently 🙄

BenjiM

The zips on my altura attacks died after about 3 weeks of use :/

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve got dhb event shorts… . bit ‘snug’ fitting and very hot if the weather gets better, but they work wonders in the cold and rain.

Also got a dhb event gilet to match – I can never cope with a waterproof jacket, but waterproof shorts and gilet keeps to worst of the wet out and keeps me plenty warm enough without boiling in the bag.

Dave

singletracksurfer

McLovin my Enduras. Nice n light and holding up well.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

altura attacks here- only had to use them twice in the 2 months i’ve owned them but they’re holding up fine and did what i needed them to do.
    but yes, the sizing is odd- they’re on the large side so either try on first or size down.

clubber
    Free Member

My Alturas are going strong three years in. I’d certainly recommend them.

woody2000

Agree about the Alturas being big, my smalls like to slip down occasionally.

Oooh, matron 😉

avdave2

My attacks have lasted through 2 winters of off road commuting when they are worn nearly every day.
    They do size up large as others have said. I’ve got the 3/4 and the only thing I’m not that keen on is the lower leg adjusters. I find they still ride up over my knees occasionally.

z1ppy

Rickos – Member
    The Alturas are massive. Ignore their size guide and go at least one size smaller.

+1 or you end up…

Liftman – Member
    If you get the Altura’s also get the braces to suit them as they tend so slide down.

+1

I like mine, got a 18month or 2 year warrenty as standard, which I took advantage of & got them replaced once after a zip broke. The 3/4’s are very warm though, only tend to use them in the colder months.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘waterproof/resistant shorts- Endura mt500 spray or Altura attack’ is closed to new replies.