Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Waterproof Walking Shoes under £100 – Salomon Eskape GTX?
  • crankman
    Free Member

My current Salomon walking shoes have just fallen apart so need some new ones. They will be used for dog walking in countryside and general walking, if it’s really wet and muddy I wear wellies so waterproof and light are what I would like. A bit heavier duty than trail running shoes though.

Anyone tried these:

Salomon ESKAPE GTX

I believe they are waterproof, it’s not entirely clear on the Salomon site, it talks about weather resistant.

Any other recommendations?

sssimon
    Free Member

I’ve got the boot version and they are great, light comfy and warterproof (although only to ankle height)

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno the model name but I have a six or seven year old pair of Rossignol approach shoes like the one you’ve pictured and I just cannot destroy them.

TK Maxx used to be good for these kind of shoes, not been in a while though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MarkLG
    Free Member

Gtx stands for goretex, so they’ll be waterproof. I’ve got a pair very similar and wear them more often than anything else. Comfy, hard wearing, lightweight and waterproof.

crankman
    Free Member

Gtx stands for goretex, so they’ll be waterproof.

Yeah I only just realised that, thanks. I think these sound ideal.

z1ppy

TK Maxx used to be good for these kind of shoes, not been in a while though.

+1, had some decent Karrimor and Hi-tech boots from them over the last few years but my last pair of Regatta’s are very poor, & very little stock is coming through now.

I’ve just order some Comet 3D GTX, more boot than trainers though, got them on order from a shop down south with seemingly some decent Salomon bargains (limited colour/sizes though), take a gander here (no Eskarpe’s)
    Can’t recommend Go Outdoors enough to try/buy (price match [though included P&P] + discount, assuming you have a ‘card’)

schnor
    Free Member

Got a pair of black ones off fleabay two weeks ago (£77.67 free PnP). I got them to replace Northface Hedgehogs which are now ~£100. Not got them uber wet yet, but are nice and comfy and seem fine for general walking around and about. No heel pull strap thing BTW.

bruneep

I have those OP but in black/grey. No complaints bought from Millets sports with cashback from quidco

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

+1 for salomon GTX of any flavour. Had about five or six years – almost unkillable – from one pair of salomon gtx trainers, and now have some gtx boots which replace some regatta (awful, “waterproof” – weren’t – and literally fell apart, after a year) and karrimor (“waterproof”, only they weren’t and also falling apart after about a year). Karrimor have gone completely tits up IMO, they used to make decent gear.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member
    MarkLG
    Free Member

Karrimor have gone completely tits up IMO, they used to make decent gear.

They’re now part of the Sports Direct empire , which should give you an idea of which end of the market they”re catering for these days.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have an old pair of Salomon approach shoes, tread has now worn out, uppers still going strong. Mine were worn a lot, dog walking, hiking, ski/bike holiday general wear, commuting ! Comfortable and indestructible ! They where not gortex or totally waterproof as anythung with laces is going to have gaps anyway, if you really want waterproof it’s best to add a pair of Sealskinz, the thinner ones. You might want to see what Dubarry have, possible a bit pricey. I’ll be buying some new Salomons or North Face as I’ve never been let down by the brands

saleem
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of the Ultra gtx, only had them 6 months or so but they’ve been great, go outdoors have them for £99 at the moment.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof Walking Shoes under £100 – Salomon Eskape GTX?’ is closed to new replies.