Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Waterproof troos – Army surplus good enough?
  • Kit
    Free Member

Can't believe I'm looking at waterproof trousers in summer, but here you go…

Any recommendations? The less sweaty the better – how do army surplus trousers stand up compared with the mega-bucks ones?

Cheers!

wwaswas

there was a trend for gettin Armysurplus ones and cutting them off at the knee.

You don't need to worry abotu getting cold in the summer and they'll keep your bum and upper legs dry whilst still lettign air circulate.

mcboo
    Free Member

yep get them online for £5-10 then cut them off. They come up MASSIVE though (are designed to go over combats remember) so go small. Are good gortex, work just fine.

Kit
    Free Member

Well ultimately I will need a pair for winter too, mostly for commuting to uni/work.

More immediately though, I'm planning on touring 900miles in Scotland through August and September and don't wanted to be soaking wet when I get into my tent. Normally happy to ride in shorts, TBH, but just considering my options 🙂

Tracey

Army gortex of Ebay, had ours 4 years and they are first class, Kevin had to get some new ones last year due to them been ripped after a fall

Tracey

soobalias
    Free Member

i cant imagine cycling in full waterproof trousers except in deepest winter.
    while they are 'breathable' that never seems the case

i go with waterproof shorts or 3/4s and waterproof boots – so long as my arse and toes are dry im happy enough.

ElShalimo

agree with above…. and 'cos they are durable they double up as great snowboarding trousers too. You don't need to worry about trashing them

TooTall
    Free Member

I'd not want to cycle any distance in any full length waterproofs. Treat yourself to some water resistant tights if you want that or the easier option is the shorts / cutoffs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof troos – Army surplus good enough?’ is closed to new replies.