Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Waterproof socks
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Tell me what you find keep your feet dry.

Not too bothered about warmth, I can always stick some thermal socks underneath.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Sealskinz work for me. Are there any others?

Jase
    Free Member

I have some of the Porelle??? ones and the only problem is the water runs down my legs and into the socks via the cuff.

As they are waterproof the water remains in there!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

what they say I prefer wool socks as warm once wet IME all socks/boots get wet in biblical levels of rain then you have sit in a pool of water in your waterproof boots /socks not nice and then you get cold feet.
    I use some Lake boots that were over £100 but they still leak when the heavens open thinking of trying some gaitors over them this year.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i’ve always used sealskinz, though i never get more than one wet winter out of them

MSP

rocky gore-tex socks work for me.

RealMan
    Free Member

i’ve always used sealskinz, though i never get more than one wet winter out of them

Why what happens to them? Fall apart?

albino
    Free Member

Sealskinz are generally good. I tuck the non-waterproof blue cuff inside the sock and find it improves things in general rain. Forgot to do it on yesterday’s ride and ended up with wettish feet.

stumpy01

Sealskinz work for me, but generally wear with tights over them, or else as mentioned the water does tend to run down your leg & into the socks.

RealMan
    Free Member

Ok just before I splash out and blow £25 on a pair of socks

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/SealSkinz_Mid_Thermal_Merino_Waterproof_Socks/5300005319/

Anything better?

Blacklug
    Free Member

Sealskins work fine when worn under winter tights. When worn with shorts, the water runs down your leg into them.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah I’ll be wearing tights no worries there.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

+1 for wool socks, still toasty when wet 8)

Del

gore goretex socks ftw.

ace, full stop.

jools182
    Free Member

one winter out of a pair?

do they eventually start leaking?

liquid1000
    Free Member

good wool socks as warm when wet and a pair of the better winter boots (I use shimano) as about as good as your going to get I think, as folk have said gaiters may help some?

prettygreenparrot

SealSkinz. Midweight. They’re great. Given the weather we get I usually wear them on every ride unless it’s obviously going to be blisteringly hot and dray all day.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof socks’ is closed to new replies.