Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Waterproof Shorts
  • kiwijohn

It’s getting moist down here in Tassie, I need some new shorts for the winter.

I had some Vaude ones last year, but they were a bit flimsy.

Looking at Alpinestars or Royal at the mo, anything else to consider apart from a Dirtsuit?

tish
    Free Member

I got the Royal ones when they were on offer recently. I’m happy with them, they keep the water out, they are a good fit for me and are comfy enough. I haven’t had em long so can’t comment on durability but up to now I would buy them again.

kiwijohn

Cheers tish. CRC has some on special at the mo, but only medium. How do they size up?

Northwind

Still prefer my Altura Attacks but the Tenn ones are 9/10ths as good and half the price

dirkpitt74

I got some of these for the winter, and have been really good .Best to size up though as they’re a bit on the snug side.

Tenn Outdoors Protean Shorts

tish
    Free Member

I’m 33″ waist and the large fit me well. I never got on with the tenn ones, the sizes are way off and when I did get a pair that fit me they seeped through really quickly. I had the older attacks and loved them but haven’t tried the newer ones as I got the royal in the sale. If anyone wants a pair of the tenn ones I have a pair in large here that I’m never going to wear, they weren’t worth sending back as I got them cheap as chips.

hainman
    Free Member

Madison waterproof shorts  have kept me dry in some biblical weather in Scotland

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ll do it then……

Army surplus goretex overtrousers cut down and a hem sewn in. Not only are they cheap, but the seams around the crotch are brilliantly hard-wearing. All my other attempts at waterproof shorts from bike clothing manufacturers have seen delaminated seams and associated embarrassing fails. You can get a decent pair of overtrousers for about £12 – £15 in the UK, no idea about in Aussie, though.

kiwijohn

Thanks Danny, but those pants aren’t that cheap over here if you can even find them.

Med Royals will probably be too small.

Where do you get Madison?

guandax
    Free Member

Fit a Mudhugger. Wear any old shorts

kiwijohn

Got one on the front already. Rear one looks a bit special.

Frikken expensive to get one down here when you’ve got more than one bike.

Madison gear is very nice, but man it’s a bit pricey. Those soft shell shorts look good though.

guandax
    Free Member

Agreed, they ruin the look of your bike. Work brilliantly though.

lawman91

They are expensive but the 7Mesh Revo is the best waterproof short out there in my opinion. The fit is second to none, the quality is unreal and like all 7Mesh stuff it is built to last and has a nice clean design, no massive logos or bright colours. Best waterproof shorts I’ve ever owned by a mile.

slowmogirl
    Free Member

Again not cheap but Sweet Protection are by far the best I have had. Kept my bum dry over three filthy Scottish winters. Proofed them a few times to be safe. Really rugged seat section so no wearing through the material with grit

kiwijohn

Two fine looking options, but getting damn expensive.

Think I’ll go with the Madison Zenith waterproof & a pair of flux bib shorts for the same price.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof Shorts’ is closed to new replies.