Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Waterproof Shorts
  • jam-bo

I looked at these as an alternative to the mudrides, but got put off by what looks like a large hole on the back of them?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Even with the best mudguards water will still get past, and they obviously do nothing to prevent rain getting to you. Decent waterproof shorts make you completely impervious to all water from the knees up, which I find to be far, far more comfortable than being wet and having mudguards.

Digby

I’m about 8 rides in to a set of Raceface Agents.

I’m still wearing my AW15 Raceface Agents – and part a small section of the internal seam taping coming adrift they seem to be holding up pretty well.

The ‘seat’ area is showing a little sign of wear & abrasion but so far they have held up better than any other winter/wet weather short I’ve owned …

I had a pair of Gore 3/4 length waterproof shorts that were pretty much trashed in the bottom dept after one particularly wet gritstone ride

Gotama
    Free Member

I looked at these as an alternative to the mudrides, but got put off by what looks like a large hole on the back of them?

A non-issue in my, albeit limited, opinion. You’d have to be pretty unlucky to get water in the flap as its sewn down at a few points across the short and it doesn’t gape open. I certainly haven’t had any water issues as a result of it. That said I’m not sure it lets much heat out so it’s possibly a little pointless but there you go.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I bought some Specialized Deflect H2O shorts that were £100 but reduced to £30 on the Sigma website.

They look a bit special, being shiney, but they are also very waterproof – which is a novelty, as i’ve never had waterproof shorts before 🙂

They also look no where near as special as the mudhugger guards.

andybrad

had a few and none have lasted more than 6 months really. I ride sat down a lot so wear the arse out with all my weight and calderdale mud.

Having said that the madison soft shell ones are heading for their second year now. Not waterproof but keep it a bit warm. Quite thick

mrmoofo

Sorry to resurrect this … but the recent weather suggests I might need waterproof shorts.

How baggy are the RAF/ Army Goretex ones …. i.e I I have a 38″ waist do I buy 36s?

Or are there any better solutions around a year down the line …?

Thanks

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’m using 7mesh waterproof shorts and they have been excellent!

ajantom

Bought some if the Tenn waterproof shorts last week when they were on a 60% sale. They seem pretty comfy on, and have a nice high back.

Funny sizing though, based on some old comments on here I bought the 40″ waist ones, and they fit my 34.5″ waist just right!

First ride out on them tomorrow, should be a good test!

escrs
    Free Member

Another one for Tenn shorts here

You must measure your waist with a tape measure and use that measurement when buying, DO NOT go by your jean size

The newer ones have belt loops and a elasticated waist so the fit is much better

At the price they are (i paid £23) if they only last a year they are cheap to replace

The zip on mine broke after 4 months, contacted Tenn who said no problem we will send you another pair, never asked to see or return the broken pair so they are now emergency back ups (cant really see the fly is open when worn)

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof Shorts’ is closed to new replies.