Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waterproof phone pouch?
  • MrGreedy

I’ve just been using sandwich bags until now, but could do with something more robust to keep my phone and emergency fiver protected when out on the bike. Lots of people on the Dragon ride seemed to have nice purpose-made pouches – any recommendations or suggestions where to buy? I found this at Wiggle with a quick search but mounting to the bars looks like more trouble than it’s worth.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i picked up one in tk maxx last year, it’s big enough to fit my samsung galaxy s in it and is fully waterproof with a lanyard attached if you want to hang it round your neck inside a jacket or whatever. it only cost about 3 quid too. i think it was marketed towards surfers…

gab344
    Free Member

http://jerseybin.co.uk/

the ultimate in niche bespoke sandwich bags

randomjeremy
    Free Member

7 quid for a plastic bag, mental !

disben

Try these – Aloksak on Amazon

they are good and waterproof – and you can use phone through them!

mau00149
    Free Member

i’m now a bit sceptical about attaching electronic devices like cameras and phones in pouches to the bike. Had an old digital camera i used to take out in a lowepro pouch attahced to the stem for convenience of taking pics quickly, unfortunately it just stopped working. Could just have been it’s time was up but the constant vibrations may have added to that, I don’t know. Now i either stick the replacement in in a pocket or take a bit more time and get it out my bag.

aquapac and ortleib cases are pretty good, see what fits your phone and how you want to carry it. Can also get some waterproof armband holders

DickBarton

Ziplock sandwich bag? Does the job for me…I throw the phone in it, seal the bag and perfect…can still be used but has a total seal so it can also get dropped in water (or soaked).

A bag of 20 of those from the supermarket are about £2.50 – admittedly not a brand or emblazoned with cool logos, but it does the job perfectly.

BadlyWiredDog

Aquapac. Or Haglöfs do a nice one. Both keep the phone useable. Sandwich bags are fine but they’re thin and the seal can be iffy. I love the way people here will think nothing of spending thousands on a frame, but baulk at a fiver to keep their expensive phone reliably dry. I wouldn’t mount a phone on the bars, crash dummy central…

clubber
    Free Member

I have an iDry which kept my 3gs dry but also works on my desire s. it is chunky though.

mooman
    Free Member

just a little plastic bag ( at the moment a bag from a set of safety glasses), with an elastic band (well actually a piece of old innertube) to keep it all tight.
    does a good enough job – and looks as good as any other fancy waterproof bag when its in the back pocket..

DickBarton

I have an otterbox for my desire but it doesn’t fully seal against moisture, so the sandwich bag is used. Depends what you need it for I guess…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof phone pouch?’ is closed to new replies.