Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waterproof Jackets
  • jonm81

My 8 year old Decathlon waterproof jacket has finally died so I need a new one. It’ll mostly be used for a 50 mile round trip commute and a 30-40 mile MTB ride at least once a week throughout winter.

I was thinking of going for a better quality one this time so have been looking at the Endura MT500 or the MTR Shell Jacket. Does anyone have any experience with these two? Is the MT500 worth the £100 extra over the MTR Shell?

Any opinions on these two or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

ratherbeintobago

I’d had a look at the Showers Pass IMBA jacket; currently have a Madison jacket that’s on its last legs…

iainc

I have both those Endura ones. Shell is light and packable and good for a few showers. The MT500 is heavier duty and more of a put it on and keep it on all ride type jacket. It’s great on a foul day though.

hainman
    Free Member

Why not get the newer Decathlon one
    Now 15,000 WP capacity
    And only a fiver dearer

jonm81

Thanks for the thoughts iainc. I am looking for something that will keep me mostly dry during Dorsets torrential downpours for the entire 1.5 hr commute. Based on that the MT500 sounds like the better option.

hainman, I thought about getting another decathlon one but it looks and has the same specs as my current one. I have just put up with it until now but to be honest it has been a lot less than waterproof for the last 4 years and has always got soaked through after about 1 hr from new.

hainman
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a few years and mine was 10,000
    The new one is 15,000 so should be better I think

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve the same one as hainman, great jacket, survived some horrendous west of Scotland weather.

jonm81

Cheers chaps. I’ll give it another look then.

EDIT: is it this one you guys have?
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/700-waterproof-mountain-bike-jacket-blue/_/R-p-4710

booji
    Free Member

Iv’e just ordered the Endura Hummvee waterproof, £79.99 reduced to £39.99 with discount code.

hainman
    Free Member

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/mh500-men-s-waterproof-mountain-hiking-rain-jacket-black/_/R-p-9770
    This is what I have and been awesome but will be buying the newer version for more waterproof

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof Jackets’ is closed to new replies.