Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Waterproof Jackets..
  • andybrad

ordered the altura 5/40 will let you know how it goes when it arrives.

newworldlobster
    Free Member

I have one of the slightly odd Columbia Outdry jackets. The looks may not be to everyones taste but in terms of waterproofness it’s the best I’ve had, also breathes well. Apparently, the waterproofing won’t wear off either as its the membrane on the outside as opposed to inside with a DWR treatment on the outer face. It’s a wee bit crinkly sounding and looks like something a sailor may wear but you know, I’m ok with that. Also you can find em cheap on sportpursuit from time to time

rob8624
    Free Member

Anything by Patagonia. Amazing jackets but very expensive, but they do last and customer support is first class.

andybrad

Ok my five/40 jacket turned up and had its first outing at the weekend.

Initially i was looking forward to using it. However about an hour into riding / walking in light rain the jacket was wetted out externally.

its supposed to me a 20k/20k material. would you expect this? I wouldnt…

randon
    Free Member

I’m very pleased with my gore jacket. Very waterproof yet still breathable.

woody2000

Got an Altura Attack 360 for what looked like a wet weekend in Scotland. It did rain enough for me to put it on, but not really enough to determine how waterproof it actually was. I did keep it on for the rest of the day though and was impressed with how un-sweaty I was by the end of it despite doing boat loads of climbing, the pit zips work really well. Seems very nicely made, fabric is slightly stretchy which means it feels less “plastic bag” when wearing it.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof Jackets..’ is closed to new replies.