Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Waterproof jacket recommendations – non-bike
  • wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Anyone got any advice on a waterproof jacket for general outdoor/walking usage? Ideally something goretex or equivalent preferably with a hood.

Anyone seen any offers about? Need something before autumn kicks in proper.

Cheers.

stew1982
    Free Member

try Jack wolfskin – I picked up a soft-shell waterproof for c.£100 this weekend and it’s a thing of technical beauty!

if your in Cheshire area, they have a store at the outlet village.

allfankledup

If you make it to the Ellesmere Port outlet then hit north face, I got a gore tex pro jacket for £130 last year….

As ever how much do you want to spend…

footflaps

Pretty much any GTX Pro jacket will be equivalent to any other. They all use the same material, go through the same testing / approval process with Gore etc. So all that differentiates them is cut and branding (and number of pockets etc).

RRP for a Goretex Pro jacket is approx £270-£400 depending on the ‘brand’ value (Berghaus, TNF at the bottom end and Haglofs / Arcteryx at the top end). If you find last year’s model on a sale rail, you might get a bargain. I got some Haglofs GTX Pro salopettes half price at the WE (last year’s model).

dknwhy

If you’re a small.. here

andy8442
    Free Member

You really can beat Mountain Equipment for just sheer stand in the pis#ing rain all day and take it type of jacket. Depends on budget and use though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jacket recommendations – non-bike’ is closed to new replies.