Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Water/mud in the eyes while riding !!
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

Big issue today, Garburn pass was basically a river.

No point wearing glasses as they would be dirty in a minute or two.

What i need are glasses with windscreenwipers on like these

RealMan
    Free Member

goggles?

Del

pi55 flap/beef curtain on forks, crud catcher under downtube. done.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mudguards and glases treated with rainx

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

what del said. I've got an RRP guard, crud guard on the down tube and the goggles I was wearing only had a few water drops on them. yes it was a stream I was riding down too. Knew it was going to be a stream so I went prepared!

user-removed
    Free Member

Rode for the first time with one ofTHESE TINY MUDGUARDS fitted on Skye over the weekend (pics and vid coming soon!!

What a joy! As per usual, lost my Bolle safety glasses after a half hour (bent my rear rotor in the same fall) but that tiny piece of plastic kept the crud out of my eyes all day – usually I spend a large percentage of my riding time crying my contacts out at the side of the trail. Big thumbs up.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Assuming you don't own Mucky Nutz that is finally me sold I think. Always have the muckiest face after a ride, always getting big lumps of crap in my eyes (wearing normal glasses) and it is annoying. Been wondering about their little mudguard for a bit but hadn't done anything, yet.

user-removed
    Free Member

Tracker – do it. Mine fitted onto my Rebas in about 3 mins using the supplied velcro straps – never even bothered cutting them down.

I should have owned shares in Bolle – really have lost a dozen pairs in as many months riding 😥

No more steamed up glasses, lost lenses, red-eye etc, etc. No relation to muckynutz BTW!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with it duntmatter, but it isn't as easy as buying something cheap, might stop stuff getting to the forks (stanchions) in the first place, oh, and a big slab of innertube isn't very aero is it? 😉

neninja
    Free Member

A combination of a crud catcher on the downtube and a Neoguard means i get almost no mud on my face or glasses at all.

Loads of places sell Neoguards – Chainreaction etc – just read the reviews on CR – they really are that effective

chakaping
    Free Member

I've got a Neoguard and it works really well, but clearance is tight with a lot of tyres when fitted to Rebas.

So I also bought one of those Fast Fenders and tried it out yesterday. Had just one spot of mud on face when I got home, so seems to work pretty well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Water/mud in the eyes while riding !!’ is closed to new replies.