Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Water bottles
  • Premier Icon Kuco

Whats a good water bottle for the road bike? Been using CamelBak but to be honest I find them a bit piss poor for the money. Find they don’t seal very well.

Premier Icon alpin

Fabric…. Not got a hollow squirt thingy that can fill with crap like the Camelbak bottles.

Premier Icon lunge

Elite Corsa, great bottles, my go to.

Premier Icon IHN

How good or bad can a water bottle be? Anyway, I use free ones from events. I don’t think I’ve ever bought a water bottle.

I lie, I did, I bought one from the shop at the top of Ventoux as a little well-done to myself. It’s fine, as are they all.

Premier Icon lunge

@IHN, see I am a bottle snob. It’s the flow of the water, the feel of the bottle, how the spout does or doesn’t stay open, if it leaks, etc.
    Tacx Shiva for instance just feels cheap and I don’t like how they feel.
    Elite Corsa however, cracking bottles, and better than the super light Fly by a mile.

Premier Icon CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

New or old Camelbak?

I’ve got both, and never really had problems with either! The oldest one doesn’t lock closed properly any more, but it’s a few years old so not really a biggie, just can’t lob it in a bag for travel any more. Works perfectly otherwise.

Premier Icon Kuco

I use free ones from events.

So i’ve got to start entering events to get free water bottle? I think that would work out pretty damn expensive for a water bottle.

CaptainFlashhear this is new ones i’ve tried replacing the tops and bottles and just find they leak. And to be honest the twist lock is a good idea but personally a pain in the backside.

Premier Icon Crag
    Free Member

Same as Lunge, my go to is the Elite Corsa.

The free ones that you get from events tend to have crap bite valves.

Premier Icon shedbrewed
    Free Member

Merlin had some Assos bottles for £2 they work well.
    The specialized bottles work well. Another vote for Elite bottles here.

Premier Icon Kuco

Thanks, Just ordered Elite Corsa off wiggle, on offer too if you like black.

Premier Icon cookeaa

TBH I’m happy with whatever 750ml bottle is cheap or free normally, or one of those high5 bundles in a bottle, had a few of those.

I do have a 950ml elite corsa because I felt like a 1 litre bottle was worth having, TBH it’s sort of a bit on the big side, I can’t fit it on my current MTB, and I have to be out for a long time on the road bike to need more than a litre and a half of water (2x750ml). In which case I will probably stop at some to find a tap. So it was a bit of a waste of money… But it’s a nice bottle none the less.

Premier Icon Mister-P
    Free Member

Elite Corsa was my go to for a long time but I’m using Elite Fly bottles currently. I like the thinner wall as they are easier to squeeze. Maybe I need to build up a more manly grip ha ha.

Premier Icon anagallis_arvensis

How good or bad can a water bottle be?

Thats what I was wondering!

Premier Icon Kuco

cookeaa I know what you mean, I have a 1000ml SIS bottle that I got a couple of years ago for long rides in the summer and its a big lump when full. I think I used it twice and then threw it in the cupboard and relied on stopping at shops and even used a church once to fill up.

Premier Icon mashr

New or old Camelbak?

There’s a third iteration now unless mistaken.

Old old – quite angular, quite good
    Old – smoother bottle and cap, liked to try and jump off my road bike with a standard Elite Corsa cage
    New – bit more angular again iirc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.