Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • WatchesTrackWorld
  • dmorts

I’ve always had a liking for watches but never really thought to own more than one at time. I couple of years ago I bought a Garmin smart watch then got fed up of charging it every 3 days so stopped wearing it.

However, I recently bought 2 watches. The first was a Casio (oak*) GA2100-1A1ER. I bought this as an everyday watch and because it looks very cool.
    casi-oak

The second was a Chinese special from AliExpress, the Starking AM0184. I fancied an automatic watch as antithesis to a smart watch I have to charge every 3 days…. I have to wind this or wear it instead.
    StarKing
    This was £38 with a metal bracelet (which is great) and black leather strap (which isn’t great). It’s an automatic watch with a sapphire crystal. For the money (and it was only £38 as it shipped within the EU), it seems like a bargain

I think I might have started something expensive though….. I’m now looking at other watches. On my list is a Seiko dive watch, Citizen Eco-Drive, Square digital G-Shock. I like the look of Farer watches and Christopher Ward… should I look to reign this in and stop at the 2 watches….?

*I think Audemars Piguet comparison is ridiculous, they share a hexagonal bezel and that’s it.

lunge

Get yourself on to the watches n+1 thread. All kinds of filth on there.

Watches N+1…

dmorts

Thanks I was afraid there would be a thread like that….

lotto
    Free Member

I like your G Shock. Does it display the date in day/month or month/day?  I hate the latter so much I sold my last G Shock because of it. I’d like another though and your one looks fantastic.

dmorts

@lotto it’s month/day and seems you can’t change it. However the display is quite small, so it might bug you less. The GA-2100 really is nice. They do several variants, including a less stealth black version and multicoloured ones

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘WatchesTrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.