Viewing 40 posts - 3,881 through 3,920 (of 8,687 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • ElShalimo

The strap on my old Suunto Core has split in multiple places. Woe is me.

It’s this model

Has anyone replaced the standard plastic Core strap with a NATO ?

Who are the NATO strap supplier of choice nowadays?

Murray

@Pierre, can you add a side view please? Looks a bit like the one here which seems to have spring bars holding the strap. If it does you can probably use any suitable width leather strap

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/iwc/iwc-porsche-design-by-iwc-titanium–id17936860.htm

ElShalimo

has anyone replaced a Suunto Core strap?

CountZero

Came across this review earlier, and I thought it might appeal to a few people here. Really nice designs, diver and field watch, all titanium with very nice use of lume, including full face on the diver. Seiko movements as well. I could easily be persuaded by either or both, I particularly like the field watch, but they’re both very clean looking. Not stupid expensive either.

https://www.rzewatches.com/

https://monochrome-watches.com/rze-endeavour-polaris-white-and-resolute-arctic-grey-review-specs-price/

https://www.fratellowatches.com/rze-endeavour-is-tougher-than-the-kraken-change-my-mind/

mattyfez

To be fair it serves you right for buying such a horrible watch.

Murray

@countzero, looks good especially with a white dial and good value too

dmorts

Square G Shock currently at a good price

Casio G-Shock Digital Men’s Watch £82.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001414NT8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_NDB1CT13NMVXEMDMYBR0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Kryton57

FFS, I wanted one of these 5600 in the collection for ages, but do I neeeeeeeed one…?

walowiz

@Countzero they look good, I really like the endeavour in white. £338, damn good value.

Not usually a fan of white dials, but the way the dial lume is done and almost blue is very cool.

I do not need another watch. Can I block myself from ever viewing this thread again.

brads
    Free Member

More Rolex jokery.

Mate went in the other week and tried on 7 watches before being told the only one he could buy was a sky dweller.
    Oh and a gold Daytona I think (40k plus ?) The rest, (usual suspects) were not for sale.

Utter bawbags lol.

Kryton57

I do not need another watch. Can I block myself from ever viewing this thread again.

Lol, so much +1

Kryton57

Oh and a gold Daytona I think (40k plus ?)

tell him he can get a Pagani which looks very similar for about £60. 😀

johnners
    Free Member

Came across this review earlier, and I thought it might appeal to a few people here

I like that white faced Endeavour, the narrow self-coloured bezel is a very nice look indeed. If it was a 38 or less I’d be interested but I feel I’ve quite enough divers in the 40-42 range to be going on with.

midlifecrashes

We are vastly overpaying for G-Shock in UK. I’ve had a couple, I might be on my third, if I’m in USA (have rellies over there so at least once every 3 years in the before times) you can walk into Walmart and buy them for half of UK prices.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-G-Shock-Classic-Core-Watch-DW5600E-1V/894296?athbdg=L1600

£34.79 at today’s post office holiday money rate.

johnners
    Free Member

We are vastly overpaying for G-Shock in UK

I agree we are, but that one you posted a link to is neither Tough Solar or radio controlled so not a good comparison. The same model is £74.57 which isn’t miles out.

midlifecrashes

True enough, though unless it has some fancy function, one G-Shock is as good as another to me, I’d never see the need to own more than one, but it’s my default watch for sporty stuff and physical work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-s-G-Shock-Multi-Band-Solar-Atomic-Watch-GWM5610-1/49284486

£74.53

Edit: obvious cross-post is obvious.

johnners
    Free Member

Edit: obvious cross-post is obvious

Sorry, I went back to it and did some sums!

walowiz

@countzero and For those who were interested in the Rze watches, there’s 10% off at the moment, registering for emails gets an exa 15 bucks off. Very very tempted at circa £290 for an automatic titanium watch.

https://www.rzewatches.com/

gaidong
    Free Member

@countzero, I got the green Resolute in the first RZE (was Reise then) Kickstarter. Nice watch and accurate to boot.

dmorts

The G Shock is down to £79 now, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001414NT8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_NDB1CT13NMVXEMDMYBR0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I really don’t need one either….. must resist

Pierre

Those 5600s are excellent watches, mine has lasted over 10 years (although I did replace the rechargeable battery when its life started to dwindle at around 8 years old IIRC), it’s my go-to MTB watch when I don’t want to wear the heavy and don’t-want-to-scratch-it Seiko.

If I didn’t already have one I’d think £79 is a decent price.

@Murray
    , do these photos help?

I get a “Page not found” when clicking on your link but will try and browse that site, thanks!

Kryton57

New Zelos Swordfish. I’m VERY tempted for the Ti Frost full lume…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

After spending 38hrs traveling non-stop across multiple time zones over the last couple of days I’ve decided I need to add a GMT / dual time to the collection as I had no idea what was going on time/date wise.

So criteria are:

Essential:

Field style
    Some way of tracking at least 2 time zones
    Date
    No digital
    40mm minimum, pref 42mm+

Preferred:

Pref American brand
    Sub £500
    Quartz

I’ve seen these which I quite like the look of but wouldn’t get to see in the flesh so not keen on taking a punt sight unseen.

Springfield

So if anyone has any suggestions I might not have considered then I’d be interested in seeing them.

Cheers,

Kryton57

@ivandobski CityWatches have a Hamilton khaki officer for £450 with the discount code, Jomashop have them for $345 if you want to risk +20% tax…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Cheers @Kryton57, I do like Hamiltons but there aren’t any GMT/dual time type options as far as I can see?

Edit – when I say dual time I mean to track multiple time zones, not 12/24hr style.

johnners
    Free Member

New Zelos Swordfish. I’m VERY tempted for the Ti Frost full lume…

Well, I like the Swordfish (I’ve got 2!) and that would be my pick from this latest release but I thought you weren’t a fan of the angular case? I remember you giving it short shrift when I suggested one in response to one of your previous enthusiasms many pages back on this very thread!

Kryton57

previous enthusiasms

I like that phrase, I’m going to keep it. My problem is I have “enthusiasms” about watches and then a lack of enthusiasm to open my wallet. Otherwise I’d have bought the Escapement time pilot and that 5600 ^^ by now. I found anti-materialism the same as going alchohol free, its very hard to go back and properly enjoy the prior effects 😀

Anyway, I don’t remember but I do like the new Swordfish.

johnners
    Free Member

My problem is I have “enthusiasms” about watches and then a lack of enthusiasm to open my wallet

Well, I think the Swordfish Ti is excellent value but it’s not a trivial amount of money to spend on a watch, certainly not for me anyway. I’ve one of the SS 40mm models and while it doesn’t wear at all big the bracelet end links extend the effective lug-to-lug by a few mm. In fact I’m not a big fan of the bracelet, it’s got great articulation in that all the links are separate but it’s not the comfiest and is a bit of a hair puller tbh and the Ti bracelet looks like the same pattern.

Murray

@pierre, yes. It looks like the strap is held with normal spring bars. You should be able to push the ends of the pins in to release it. There’s probably a spring bar on the clasp as well so you could take that off and fit it to a new leather strap of your choice. If you’re not confident of doing it yourself your local Timpsons could easily do it.

tthew

Vostok GMT’s aren’t true GMT because the 24 hour hand can’t be set independently of the 12 hour hand. You just have to track the second time zone on the bezel. A lot of the cheaper ones work like this. Also, automatic and not Quartz.

igm

@ivandobski I have a Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT I’m thinking of moving on if that’s of interest.

One of the PADI ones. Steel bracelet and Zuludiver rubber deployment strap. Box papers etc.

SUN019P1 but let me check that

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Personally, of all the various methods of tracking a second time zone I think a 12hr bezel is, in most cases, the simplest.

The Vostok and the Seiko are a bit dive-y for what I’m after really but thanks for the suggestions.

tthew

Isn’t anything with a rotating bezel going to look like a dive watch?

igm

The Seiko Kinetic GMTs you set the time on the GMT hand and it has a jumping hour hand for local time.
    Which if you’re travelling a lot is the right way round to have the setting and jumping hands.
    There’ll probably be a non-dive kinetic GMT.

onehundredthidiot

Edit delete

nicko74

Talking of G-Shock 5600s, I keep coming back to the Ti models. Totally ridiculous as a purchase, but I love the idea of a plastic fantastic square G-Shock that’s actually titanium…

Sadly the one I *really* want is long sold out (https://www.gshock.com/watches/limited-edition/gmwb5000tb-1), but there’s a new slightly busy-looking one out shortly: https://libredd.it/r/gshock/comments/ppd7on/gmwb5000tva1_titanium_full_dlc_with_sapphire/?sort=top

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’d quite like to see a g-shock with an emphasis on legibility. The toughness aspect is great but there’s so much bullshit marketing text on them that doesn’t need to be on there – they’re almost as bad as a Rolex Sub in that respect.

jeff

g-shock + legibility…. that might mean _some_ of the Casioaks, depending on what model/hand colour + lume they have! I’ve been looking and most g-shocks are shocking!

@igm
      let me know about the seiko kinetic – probably over budget

cookeaa

You know why that square G is on discount now don’t you? It’s the M5610, I’ve got one on my wrist right now.

It’s brilliant IMO, but the M5610U is out which has a few updates to the module including; allowing you to change date display to UK format, 5 world time slots, timer settable in seconds (not just min/hrs) and displaying the time in the little top-right window in all modes… It’s basically all the good things the B5600 I had briefly did without the pointless Bluetooth or slight size increase.

Anyway that’s why the existing 5610’s are being offloaded cheaper, there’s a better version out (for about £135 depending where you look)…

Viewing 40 posts - 3,881 through 3,920 (of 8,687 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.