• This topic has 3,862 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by tthew.
Viewing 23 posts - 3,841 through 3,863 (of 3,863 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

they were taken on a cheap phone with no real thought!

Enough thought to put the watch against a neutral background with an industrial look that sets it off well while getting a good clear shot of everything a prospective buyer might want to see but sure, if you say so! And your cheap phone camera did you proud.

the orange monster is a belter of a watch. I’ll try and get a pic up – even though everyone knows what they look like and tbh compared to some of the watches here it’s a little understated

I love my black Gen 1 Monster, bought in about 2004 I think. It’s easy to forget the impact they made on release, they were very different from anything else around at the time. They used to be a very affordable ISO Diver like the other (and lesser, IMO!) SKXs. It’s only in the last few years that they’ve migrated up the Seiko catalogue to Prospex.

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

Sumo pic on page 86. It’s not a good photo, the watch is in good nick. If you’re interested I’ll pm better photos

Premier Icon johnners
    Free Member

Sumo pic on page 86. It’s not a good photo, the watch is in good nick. If you’re interested I’ll pm better photos

That dial looks lovely.

Premier Icon walowiz

@neilnevill

Looks good, yes please PM pictures and how much you’re looking for it ?

Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

I’m really loving tritium lume. I woke at 5am in the dark, and it’s just there full beam! Unable to sleep, I tried to take a picture. The best results were with the full 10s exposure. I love how you can see all ten ticks of the second hand

Premier Icon stevemorg2

just been looking on Chrono24 for a Speedmaster up to @ £4k – anyone used them before and, if so were there any problems?

Premier Icon IvanDobski

@Johnners – fair one, when you put it like that!

Premier Icon charliedontsurf

Singletrack Elliot Brown Watch… I have just received my “you can now confirm your order” email.

So we hit the tipping point of minimum order quantities, and it is all going ahead.

This will be the first watch I have purchased since the 1990’s, I am really rather excited. I am a bit gutted that it wont have “Charlie The Bikemonger” engraved on the back, as it would then be my bike shop retirement watch. Maybe it will… hmmm?

Premier Icon lunge

Would anyone be interested in an SKX009? Very good condition with original rubber strap and a couple of NATO’s.
    It’ll go on eBay this weekend, but if anyone here is interested before it goes up then drop me a note.

Premier Icon Kryton57

@lunge YGM, could be interested, ideally I’m after one with a bracelet.

Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

Mission quartz diver was successful! I got this Dievas Noble for a nice cheeky offer price from an EBayer in Italy. I don’t like bracelets, so that came straight off and on with a rubber Zulu Diver. I really wanted a Ploprof-like face with tritium lume and this was perfect:

Premier Icon gaidong
    Free Member

@stevemorg2, I bought a new Speedie FOIS via Chrono24 last year (seller was an Italian AD). Zero problems. I’ve just sold Chrono24 my 2020 Oyster Perpetual, to them directly. 10% profit on an OP is bonkers.

Premier Icon stevemorg2

That’s good to know – had thought about sticking with a uk supplier but there are some good prices if I look a bit further afield

Premier Icon gaidong
    Free Member

@stevemorg2, FYI I’m based in France, so taxes/fees weren’t an issue. When I do Chrono24 searches I usually set the location to ‘Europe’ (not EU), as I can have stuff delivered in the UK if necessary. I could also have pieces delivered in the US or Japan, to friends, but they would have to inspect the watch so I approve the escrow payment (and meet up with me at some point for handover!).

Even confined to the UK you should be able to find good prices. One thing you can do, given Chrono24 charges sellers from 2.5 to 8.5% (by memory) is contact them outside of Chrono24, looking for their name in the watch description (if it isn’t there use the message service and their reply will have their name). Of course, going with a private seller outside of Chrono24 loses their payment protection (but Paypal should give that) but if it’s an AD, then no difference from buying from a shop at a discounted price.

Premier Icon tthew

I don’t think I posted a photo of this I bought a few months ago. Manual wind Vostok with the newish Titanium Oxocarbonitride coating. £32 delivered! Can’t be much better value than that out there, even keeps good time.

Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

☝️£32 delivered, wow. Looks great

Premier Icon lapdog
    Free Member

Premier Icon neilnevill
    Free Member

if anyone fancy a CW c60 bronze like mine, theres one on tz-uk now. i can act as an intermediary if you aren’t a member

Premier Icon dmorts

I like these small quartz Solar divers from Seiko

https://www.seikowatches.com/us-en/products/prospex/sne573

I think the RRP is too high, but might get a good deal in sales etc. JOMW reviewed the PADI version. https://youtu.be/MRbnw7EUAzg

Premier Icon Kryton57

I really wanted that PADI Solar on a bracelet, but after watching Jody’s vid I’m not sure I can overlook hollow end links for £500.

I really like the look of the watch, thats its Solar and Sapphire though.

At the same time I’m finding the two watches with Silicon straps – my Vostok GMT and Tissot Chrono a pain in the arse as the are just not as comfortable as the one my Arnie. Any tips for softening a silicon strap?

Premier Icon dmorts

I really like the look of the watch, thats its Solar and Sapphire though.

Bezel insert material is an unknown

I think it’s got to be closer to £250 for me to consider it.

Premier Icon Kryton57

In other news, I’m looking to tick the Pilot box.

Does anyone have any circa £250 for a respected Pilot?

Premier Icon tthew

Any tips for softening a silicon strap?

Probably noting that wouldn’t generally degrade it. Can recommend Barton Bands silicon straps, great range of colours/multicolours and not massively pricey. Come with short and long end straps standard in the price.

Viewing 23 posts - 3,841 through 3,863 (of 3,863 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.