• This topic has 8,686 replies, 407 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Kryton57.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,681 through 3,720 (of 8,687 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • lunge

A small, “would anyone be interested in…” post.

Orient Mako III/Kano/whatever name it has now, model RA-AA0011B19B. Bought it at the start of the year, have worn it once or twice, but it’s just too big for me skinny wrists and arms. It looks brand new, no scratches or anything and I’ve still got the box and guarantee. It is a bloody lovely watch, really well made, accurate, can’t argue with it at all…just wish it was 42mm and not 46mm.

Drop me a DM if you’d be interested

derek_starship
    Free Member

The fit is amazing – perfectly radiused for the case.

It has transformed a very attractive watch into a stunner!

Fortunately I had a scratch card win that covered the cost.

tthew

My Feiko SKX007 that I posted about a few pages back…

Because I know it’s not what it purports to be, I’ve stopped wearing it so I’m going to sell it. Obviously can’t flog it as a Seiko, but it does have a genuine NH-36 movement, signed crown and extra spare stem plus a fully lumed bezel insert.

In this case, would you bung it on eBay as a franken-watch with an honest description or take the the good bits out and sell those as an upgrade/repair kit? What would get more interest/better price do you reckon?

(this wasn’t a stealth add honestly, but if anyone is interested in either option…)

Kryton57

but if anyone is interested in either option

I’m looking for a not too expensive second bracelet watch, but cant find your post, can you post a new pic?

tthew

Afraid you’ll need to add your own bracelet.

Kryton57

I have a spare strapcode bracelet.

Hmmm -how much would you want for it?

tthew

@Kryton57 will pm you later to discuss.

cookeaa

Mini PSA for the G-Shock nerds:

GW-M5610 is on for £90 at Amazon…

dmorts

Mini PSA for the G-Shock nerds:

GW-M5610 is on for £90 at Amazon…

Good price but it has been £80 within the last 3 months. I have a tracker on camelcamelcamel for it

cookeaa

@dmorts you should have bought it then!

Most places seem to have the M5610 up to £100+ there was a “Good Used” one in the alternative vendor options at ~£83 this morning, dunno if those sort of used offers on Amazon throw out the Al-gore-rhythm on price trackers.

I can’t see them going much cheaper, I bought a G5600 (essentially the same watch minus MB6) for ~£75 last year.

dmorts

@dmorts you should have bought it then!

Yeah…..not sure why I didn’t

Bullet

I’ve had a yearning for something blue for a while – so now have this… Samurai Save the Ocean Great White. I think it looks great, feels comfortable on my wrist so really happy. The bracelet is a bit cheap feeling but I’m seeing references to Strapcode on here so might get one of their blue rubber versions.

tthew

That dial is nice, but the bezel looks very different in the two photo’s.

Sold my Feiko for £80 on ebay with the honest description, pleased with that. Actually got about £150 all in because I had 4 to go that I’d bought for various reasons, (mod project, Watch Swap on here) which don’t get worn. Still got a while to go before I can afford my dream Omega! 😁

Bullet

It’s the same watch, just one view in the sun rather than shade. Certainly not a fake I hope, bought from a reputable watch retailer.

dmorts

Anyone ever had trouble refitting a bezel on an SKX? It just won’t go back on. Maybe needs some silicon grease?

gauss1777
    Free Member

I was admiring Roberto Mancini’s watch the other night. Then I saw the price!

c 220 000 euros

tthew

Certainly not a fake I hope, bought from a reputable watch retailer.

Sorry dude, wasn’t meaning to compare your new one to my sold one, though on re-reading it could come across that way!

Bullet

Phew, thought you knew something I didn’t! No worries, I’m dead chuffed with it, looks brilliant and even the wife commented on it and she never notices what watch I have on 😉

Kryton57

I’m dead chuffed with it, looks brilliant and even the wife commented on it and she never notices what watch I have on

This is helping me remind myself of my Samurai and avoid buying a Pagani. On another foot, I quite like the new Presage “Sharp edge” GMT’s – looks a bit like a less affluent persons Grand Seiko:

Kato

I was looking at those the other day. I quite like it but not sure about the calendar dial

woffle
    Free Member

A proper tool watch and another chunky vintage Omega – original Ploprof from mid-1970s – like the Flightmaster, wears surprisingly well given it’s hewn from a solid chunk of steel.

Ploprof

tthew

Not something I could see myself wearing, but that’s got a great back story and the very essence if a tool watch.

Do you take it off to do the washing up?  😁

derek_starship
    Free Member

@Bullet

I recently replace my Samurai’s NATO with this from Crafter Blue.

Not cheap (£62) but look see:

Murray

What do people think of the new Black Bay 58 Bronze? Tudor seem to be doing a new watch a week at the moment.

BB58 bronze watch

woffle
    Free Member

Do you take it off to do the washing up? 😁

Ha. To be honest it’s worn pretty frequently, and yes, even when washing up – mine appears to have been well-used – like most examples – they were typically purchased as tools and used professionally. Seems daft to stick it in a drawer or watch-winder when it’s been subject to far rougher treatment than a bowl of fairy-liquid.

derek_starship
    Free Member

a bowl of fairy-liquid

Ah – you’re supposed to dilute it…

Kryton57

I recently replace my Samurai’s NATO with this from Crafter Blue.

That looks very nice.

What do people think of the new Black Bay 58 Bronze?

Personally I don’t like that one, but I do like this one:

Thats on my 50th birthday list.

Bullet

@derek_starship That strap is pretty much exactly what I had in mind, thanks. Looking at the website now 🙂

dmorts

PSA for Yema, various offers on watches, including 15% off and a free LED watch with the Heritage models.

https://en.yema.com/#summersales

neilnevill
    Free Member

That brown bronze bay was the first wasn’t it? Or … Was the first a brown smily dial? I liked, and still do, the brown, but like kryton the slate grey is my preferred. I’ve not tried one on. I suspect it’s big. It’s 43mm iirc, and if it’s as thick as my 42mm pelagos it’ll wear really big. I’ve become accustomed to buy watches though.

tthew

I’ve become accustomed to buy watches though.

Yes, the evidence has been plain for us all to see over the last couple of years of this thread. 🤣

edhornby

peroni
    Ok watchers, I’ve got a watch that needs a new movement but because its a promo (yes it’s a beer watch 🙂 ) and there appears to be no markings at all, what is the chance of getting a working movement into it? Current one had a fresh battery in but didn’t last long before stopping so went in the drawer

neilnevill
    Free Member

D’oh! Auto typing on the phone…. Should have been big…. But yes it was apt!

neilnevill
    Free Member

I just realised, bronze bracelet? Wtf? And realized it’s a bb58, so not do big. Nice but the bracelet? My wrist can go green enough from the head of my CW bronze, a bracelet as well is going to be messy.

TiRed

Mrs TiRed has shown little interest in luxury goods (nor bikes for that matter). But a belated 50th present and a special day has seen her acquire an interest in watches! Quartz not manual (she’ll get bored winding daily), and a little shiny but not too much. Absolutely lovely and she is worth it (she has me and my bikes to put up with). JLC Reverso Quartz stole her heart.

Murray

@edhornby – can you fix the picture in your posting please? Dropping a new quartz movement into a watch is pretty easy – someone like this could do it but it may be more expensive then buying a new watch. Alternatively, DIY – lots of videos, the most difficult bit will be refitting the hands.

edhornby

try again! The question is whether I can find a movement that will do the chrono (not that I use them but it will look odd without…)

Murray

Picture still not working – try https://imgbb.com/

If you can take the back off it should be easy to identify the movement

edhornby

Have seen YouTube, I need a shop to do this 🙂 will report back when it’s working, cheers all

Kryton57

Unless anyone tells me I’m making a massive mistake, I’ve decided I might flip my Geckota as I want to buy something else, and thought I’d post here first to see if there’s any interest:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m7Ht6z]20210626_120049[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m7Ht6e]20210626_120103[/url]

Only worn a handful of times spec at follows:

Domed Sapphire with AR
    Acrylic bezel
    PT5000 movement (ETA 2824-2clone purportedly COSC accurate but not Swiss so they..)
    Two Tone Warrington SS Jubilee sized for 17.5 with spare links included.

Going on the ‘bay for £330, I’ll take £300 posted from STW.

https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-g-02-gen-2-automatic-diver-watch

https://www.watchgecko.com/what-is-the-pt5000-watch-movement/

Viewing 40 posts - 3,681 through 3,720 (of 8,687 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.