Viewing 40 posts - 2,841 through 2,880 (of 8,695 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • lunge

@neilnevill, SKX009, very good condition with a selection of straps.
    I’ll say no more.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

And the Orient?

Bullet

Any Steinhart owners in? Interested in thoughts on quality/reliability etc please.

ctk
    Free Member

I for one wouldn’t mind a few stealth ads slipping in to this thread- anyone else?.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Watch

I need to make space so would let this go for £65 posted – new strap and battery.

neilnevill
    Free Member

steinhart, yes, buy.

Bullet

Great, anywhere cheaper than direct from their website?

Kryton57

Gnomon watches sell them, and very occasional have a tiny discount offer or you make a saving by playing the $ rate, but actually I found the more expensive most of the time.

And aren’t Steinhart arguably one of the topmost homages you can buy?   I’d love a GMT of some description but I’m on the Lunge level of instruction – one in one out – and the look of the Stienhart is a bit too close to my 5/sea urchin to warrant a place in the box.

ross980
    Free Member

@IvanDobski what does the NATO look like on the Orient? I’ve got the same watch, so I’m interested to see (though I like the standard block rubber strap much more than I thought I would)

Bullet

I really don’t need another watch but just love the look of this pilot watch… https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/flieger-watch/nav-b-chrono-47-mm-schwarz.html

IvanDobski
    Free Member

@ross980

No idea yet, the strap itself looks really nice but it turns out I’ve lost my spring bar tool so waiting on one arriving. I’ll post a picture when I get it swapped.

I know what you mean about the standard rubber strap though, it’s much better than I expected.

lunge

OK, not so stealth ad, report and delete if this is not on.
    1 x SKX 009, Red NATO strap and original rubber strap can be thrown in if wanted.

1 x Orient that I bought on a whim. Strap is a bit beaten up, but I have the original black one which is like new too.

Drop me a DM for better pics and prices.

Kamakazie

I like that bronze Yema. I am a sucker for domed crystals on diver watches as the Fifty Fathoms is probably my most wanted watch. I’d be tempted if I didn’t already have a bronze PRS.
    Speaking of which I should really get a thinner strap for it, current one is excessively chunky for my smaller wrists.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

@lunge I might be interesed in your Seiko – I’ll DM.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

@ross980

Spring bar tool arrived so managed to get the strap fitted. I like it, makes it look a bit more formal.

Edit – god knows what’s gone on with that photo but you get the gist of it.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

On the subject of stealth ads, I have a Seiko PADI SRPA21K1 which I’m looking to move on if anyone’s interested.
    It was used as my daily beater for a bit, and it’s picked up a scuff on the crystal, and a score on the bezel at 12 o’clock, along with a few marks on the case. It’s currently on a blue rubber flat vented Zulu strap, which suits it perfectly, as well as the largely unused bracelet it came on.
    Happy to email over pictures if anyone’s interested. Looking online, these seem to go for between £350 and £450 online, so thinking £250 sounds reasonable given it’s not pristine.

Kato

I’ve no issue with ads (stealth or not)inside the thread. We know who posts here and it’s a pretty small group so I can’t see it offending anyone

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Got a black strap for the Squale as the orange was a bit ostentatious.

watch

oldtennisshoes

I like that squale – I’m stylistically challenged enough to go with the orange strap too 😀

Kato

Any interest in this Seagull before eBay? An interesting hand winder with lovely domed acrylic. 38mm case with a 18mm lug is too small for me so I just end up looking at it rather than wearing it. It’s on brown Hirsch strap and deployant but comes with the originals too. Although the black one is loosing its thread at the tip

stevemorg2

I was about to get an Alkin for my son’s 21st but he has seen a Davosa watch he likes the look of – I know nothing about the brand – a quick google suggests they are a decent, well established set up but I’d appreciate the views of the STW watch experts!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I like this

I like this.

lunge

Just a quick thanks to Kilo. A very generous man who sent over the Seiko Presage below and it is absolutely stunning. I got more compliments wearing it Saturday night than I have for watches with 5 or 8 times the retail price. It’s an lovely bit of kit.

Kryton57

@Kato yes I have a friend that would like that a lot maybe, can you DM me how much you want for it please?

Kato

@Kryton57 you have DM

I have a new beater on the way but unsure of the condition from the iffy eBay photos so we shall see. Was a £200 gamble. Will report when it arrives!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Steve Morg yes Davosa are good, they do a sub homage that is highly regarded, and many others.

Kryton, thank ****! Katia seagull was evil temptation! Bloody gorgeous, but I’m trying to save for a ‘good watch’ again.
    I pulled my Visodate out tonight to get a white dial fix.

Btw, Ernest Jones sale on and includes a few watches, some decent discounts

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

From what I can gather Tags seem to divide opinion, but I was presented this as a complete surprise by my wife yesterday. To say I was gobsmacked was an understatement.

Definitely a step up from my Garmin FR35.

Kryton57

@neilnevill, it’s not gone yet.  It’s for a friend of mine who I knew was looking for one and he’s now “thinking about it”.  Don’t be shy on my account 😀

@bluearsedfly
    I have a 2006 Aquaracer chrono.  It even devides my opinion but it still going strong and still looks good today compared to modern watches but they do have the “not an omega / high st Swiss watch” in some respects. It’s worth having a read of the Tag movement history to fully appreciate them.  Whichever way you look at it, you now have a well made Swiss watch – very nice.

lunge

@bluearsedfly, that’s lovely that is, really nice indeed.
    I too have a couple of Tag’s and Kryton is right, they almost seem as an entry level Swiss watch. One below Omega and Rolex, maybe similar level to Tudor?
    I however love my 2. One was a 30th birthday present that I’ll never sell, and the other was bought with my first big bonus which is a big old beast but very nice nontheless.

Kryton57

20200929_083820

Thought i’d post mine for some Tag appreciation.

Kryton57

…and I found this a good read for Tag history: https://www.calibre11.com

lunge

Bit of Tag love? Why not? These aren’t my watches but they’re the same models.

Tag Link, 30th birthday present, worn for basically every important meeting or event I’ve been to since then. Love it, it’ll never be sold.

Tag Formula 1 Calibre 7 GMT, bought with my first big bonus in my last job. It’s a big, heavy beast but looks great and their aren’t too many of them around.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Hmm yeah I’m not sure what I think of tag as a brand. Watches generally seem a bit flashy to me but not unappealing.

lunge

Hmm yeah I’m not sure what I think of tag as a brand. Watches generally seem a bit flashy to me but not unappealing.

I think their marketing has always been at the younger market, late 20’s/early 30’s and the watches reflect that. They’re generally priced at the point is just about doable for some of that age, high enough to be aspirational, low enough to be just about within reach.

But, I do think they can get a hard time when they actually make some very nice watches, some with in house movements.

Kato

Don’t you love it when poor quality eBay photos put buyers off. What I thought would be a tatty gamble is actually mint.

Seiko SRPB07J1. 4R35 hacking and hand winding with the added bonus of a sapphire crystal instead of Hardlex. Been looking for one of these for ages. Strap is a bit meh but all Seiko straps seem to be

sprocker
    Free Member

I have a calibre 5 aquaracer which I got this year. Was going for a tudor black bay but just preferred the Tag on my wrist. Really like the watch which is my daily wear.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, much appreciated. Really like the look of the auqaracers.

As I mentioned it was a complete surprise, I’ve always wanted a nice watch but never got round to it.

Out of interest, is the aquaracer seen as a better watch than the Formula 1? I have to take it back to be resized and the wife has hinted the shop would be happy to swap it for something else. I’m reluctant to swap it as the wife and daughters chose it, but I’d hate to miss out on the opportunity to swap it for something better.

Possibly this? https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-Aquaracer-43mm-Mens-Watch-WAY101A.BA0746/p/17381235/#fo_c=655&fo_k=ba00429265ba25a2648860299ac70b8e&fo_s=slisys

tthew

OK, here’s my Tag Carrera, (seen before but back on a really early page). I really wanted an Aqua Terra, but this was about 1/3rd the price so…

I do like the GMT function and it keeps great time.

I’m reluctant to swap it as the wife and daughters chose it, but I’d hate to miss out on the opportunity to swap it for something better.

If you read back through this thread, you’ll see that ‘better’ is entirely subjective and personal when it comes to watches. I like the Aquaracer more myself, I prefer the contrast of the darker dial and it’s simpler without the chronograph sub-dials too. But you’re wearing it, not me or anyone else here.

Kato

I’m not a massive fan of Tag but I’ve always liked the Carrera Twin Time on leather. That’s nice @tthew. I’ll add one of those to my want list

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Something fun and a lot cheaper than a Daytona.

watch

Viewing 40 posts - 2,841 through 2,880 (of 8,695 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.